No announcement yet.

help! my dvds could not be loaded!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This page is available for only writers but not readers.

Comment

Originally Posted by MaLing View Post
      This page is available for only writers but not readers.
      sorry but i can't sue the method u asked me to try... so would there be another method of testing either my hardware of software's problem?

Comment

Have you tried what I suggested:

Boot from a DOS diskette with an optical disc drive driver?

Boyumeow also suggested moving the drive to another computer to test, though it seems a bit troublesome.
        Last edited by MaLing; 27.08.2007, 05:51.

Comment

Originally Posted by MaLing View Post
          Have you tried what I suggested:
          Boot from a DOS diskette with an optical disc drive driver?
          Boyumeow also suggested moving the drive to another computer to test, though it seems a bit troublesome.
          my pc dun hv a diskette reader...lol
          the second method is rly troublesome.... would there be a 3rd method?

Comment

Booting from a USB drive or USB memory stick is possible as well, although I have never tried it.

You need to adjust the relevant settings in BIOS.

Comment

Can we please not beat around the bush? He has the exact same symptoms as i have and i've established that it's not the ROM drives that are sick, can we assume this in this matter and get to fixing whatever broke in CDROM.sys?

Comment

Originally Posted by Count View Post
                Can we please not beat around the bush? He has the exact same symptoms as i have and i've established that it's not the ROM drives that are sick, can we assume this in this matter and get to fixing whatever broke in CDROM.sys?
                did u get ur drive fixed then?

Comment

Sort of.

I got the burners to recognize legitimate discs again, but i still couldnt get it to read any blank discs.

I got sick of trying to fix what YASU broke and just reinstalled windows, the burners worked fine after that. Although i tried a repair install first and that solved the problem too. I only reinstalled windows because repair installs always leave the system unstable.

Comment

Originally Posted by Count View Post
                    Sort of.
                    I got the burners to recognize legitimate discs again, but i still couldnt get it to read any blank discs.
                    I got sick of trying to fix what YASU broke and just reinstalled windows, the burners worked fine after that. Although i tried a repair install first and that solved the problem too. I only reinstalled windows because repair installs always leave the system unstable.
                    wt did u do?

Comment

It's easy to blame a piece of software when something gets broken, when after a format and fresh install everything works fine.
                      It is a proven fact that to keep your PC running smooth, you will need to perform a format and complete re-install on a regular basis (at least once a year), especially if you're a gamer and install/uninstall games and other programs quite often.

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef View Post
                        It's easy to blame a piece of software when something gets broken, when after a format and fresh install everything works fine.
                        It is a proven fact that to keep your PC running smooth, you will need to perform a format and complete re-install on a regular basis (at least once a year), especially if you're a gamer and install/uninstall games and other programs quite often.
                        urgh... but there must be a way to solve it rite?
                        and should i install yasu after my reformat..? that's a question

Comment

If you want to confirm it's the problem, yes. Just make an image of your HDD first before you do, then if it doesn't work afterwards, restore the image back onto your computer.

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef View Post
                            Ahhh, but it's also easy and correct to blame software when you've removed all other causes and the build of Windows you were running was less then a week old and functioning normally _right_ up to the point where the software was installed.

coolwong: I uninstalled YASU and Nero, the IDE controllers and the DVD rom drives in "system" then i reinstalled Nero and rebooted. That got already burnt discs working again in the drives, but any blank disc would still say "insert disc" or "incorrect function"

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
                              If you want to confirm it's the problem, yes. Just make an image of your HDD first before you do, then if it doesn't work afterwards, restore the image back onto your computer.
                              how can i make an image of my HDD wifout a burner...
                              and is there any method to solve this? is this a bug?

Comment

Put it on a usb HDD, or on a network share...
                                Carpe diem

Comment

Working...
                                X