Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ArmA II working under Vista x64, not XP x86

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ArmA II working under Vista x64, not XP x86

    OK a strange thing, that ArmA II works flawlessly using Vista x64 + Deamon Tools 4.30.3 + latest Yasu, but it doesn't work under XP with the same config. I have both OS'es in a dual boot configuration.
    I really want it to run under XP, as apparently the performance is much better (saw some benchmarks). Unfortunately, I get the error Conflict with Emulation Software, cloaked or uncloaked, under XP.
    Under Vista however, the game checks the mini-image and simply starts. Why does this happen? What to do about it?

  • #2
    Only thing you can try is to use the standard Windows IDE/SATA drivers in XP.
    If that doesn't work you have to wait for an updated YASU (or the new ◙men).
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think I use the standard drivers in both OS'es. Anyway, I think I can live with Vista again, after renaming ArmA2.exe to crysis64.exe, which make the game run at double the framerate under vista! So now it's nice and smooth, with only a rename :X. Still eager to test it under XP though.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
        I think I use the standard drivers in both OS'es. Anyway, I think I can live with Vista again, after renaming ArmA2.exe to crysis64.exe, which make the game run at double the framerate under vista! So now it's nice and smooth, with only a rename :X. Still eager to test it under XP though.
        ATI or NVIDIA user mate? Is it the same renaming to Crysis.exe (ArmaII is 32Bit).

        Comment


        • #5
          Dt 4.30.03 + Yasu 1.68 won't run arma

          Even with Newest Daemon tools pro and the newest Yasu i could find (1.68) I can't get past securom.

          Comment


          • #6
            Help

            "ArmA II works flawlessly using Vista x64 + Deamon Tools 4.30.3 + latest Yasu"

            Running Vista 64 SP1

            Running Daemon Tools Pro Advanced 4.40.0305.0077

            Running Yasu 1.6.9040

            ERROR ON ARMA: "Conflict with emulation software detected"

            Any ideas on what im missing like RUN AS ADMIN... etc I would hope its not because i have a newer version of Daemon...

            Comment


            • #7
              It's due to blacklist on some HW configurations. You have to wait for a new dt pro/lite version or updated yasu.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
                OK a strange thing, that ArmA II works flawlessly using Vista x64 + Deamon Tools 4.30.3 + latest Yasu...
                Can I ask if you use anything special to get this to work? Keeps seeing mine in vista.

                00:07:14 Y.A.S.U v1.6.9040 started...!
                00:07:14 DAEMON Tools Lite v4.30.4.27
                00:07:14 Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate v6.0 (Build 6001: Service Pack 1)
                00:07:14 Locale: English (United States)
                00:07:14 Detected 3 optical device(s), 2 physical & 1 virtual device(s)

                00:07:21 * Cloaking procedure started.
                00:07:21 1 device(s) successfully cloaked from SafeDisc 4.xx:
                00:07:21 [ F:\ ] Status = Ignored (does not require updating)
                00:07:21 [ I:\ ] Status = Successful
                00:07:21 [ G:\ ] Status = Ignored (does not require updating)
                00:07:21 1 device(s) successfully cloaked from SecuROM 7.xx:
                00:07:21 [ F:\ ] Status = Ignored (does not require updating)
                00:07:21 [ I:\ ] Status = Successful
                00:07:21 [ G:\ ] Status = Ignored (does not require updating)
                00:07:21 * Cloaking procedure completed.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I get the "Conflict with Emulation Software" too. Running last DT Pro and DTE/Yasu.

                  So we need a cloaker that works with circumvents latest Securom version on ARMA2 and others like you guys are saying. So now we wait while the big crackers work.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've got that problem too.
                    But i'm kinda new to YASU,
                    so could i get some help?
                    Ive got vista 32bit too,
                    I mount Arma2, then i run Yasu(v1.6.9040), located in my daemon tools lite(4.30.4.0027) folder, and press on 'cloak'
                    and then it says: cloaking procedure completed,
                    so i run arma 2, but get this error:
                    (translated from dutch to english): put in the original CD/DVD instead of the backup(1000)
                    then they give a site:SecuROM and thats it..

                    please someone help me!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      How did you create your image?
                      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                      Peace Through Power

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X