Godfather issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godfather issues...

For the past two days I've been trying in vain to get my copy of "The Godfather: The Game" to work properly. My friend gave his, ahem, "creatively obtained" copy to me yesterday with a crack and CD-key. I installed it using the CD-key he gave me. Using the crack resulted in being unable to exit vehicles in-game. I also had to deal with horizontal mouse inversion which may or may not be due to the crack. Not using the crack gave me the "incorrect DVD-ROM" error whenever I tried to start the game.

I browsed around the net for help and eventually found this site. I searched around a little, then installed Daemon Tools 4.0.3, Alcohol 120%, and SD4Hide, then proceeded to attempt to follow some of the directions given to other people on here with problems similar to mine. One way or another, everything I tried failed to either fix the bugs introduced by the crack or get the game to start in the first place. Either I did not follow the directions properly or my computer hates me - I suspect the former. Here's what I tried:
    • Changing both the cracked and uncracked versions of godfather.exe to Win2000 compatibility mode
    • Using Alcohol 120% to create .mds and .mdf images of the game, then mounting them using Daemon Tools
    • Using Daemon Tools with Safedisc 2 emulation on and off
    • Hiding my drive with SD4Hide

I finally gave up and did a System Restore to undo some of the changes I made to my drives. I now stand back at square one with only Daemon Tools 32 bits version 4.0.3 x86, Alcohol 120%, and SD4Hide installed. I have not reinstalled The Godfather yet.
    My drives are as follows:

DVD-ROM drive - (D)
    CD-RW drive - (E)

Alcohol 120% apparently created another drive, (F), which appears to be a DVD drive. Could someone explain this to me?

As I am relatively certain that my past failures were due to mistakes on my part, I'm asking for some step-by-step help in getting the process right this time. Don't just tell me, for example, "use Alcohol 120% to make an image," tell me what settings to turn on/off, how to turn them on/off, etc. I'm not computer illiterate (although I am new to Daemon Tools and related programs), I just want to be absolutely certain that I'm doing everything correctly so that if it still fails to work, I won't have to worry about if it was because I did or didn't follow directions properly. I apologize in advance for any extra trouble this might cause you.

Please disregard the fact that I have already tried a number of the fixes that you are likely to recommend, since as I said, I probably made mistakes. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have as I will most likely be asking many of my own.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.
Working...
X