Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All image format not compatible w/ Windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All image format not compatible w/ Windows?

I searched the forums but I can't seem to find any answers. I was using daemon v3.33 fine before I reformatted my drive. I have winxp with all the updates, nero 6, and alcohol 120 (latest version). Before reformatting, v3.33 worked fine. I thought that I might have done something wrong during the setup of my 'puter but I verified that v3.33 worked before updating.

When I load an image and try to view the contents, the message says " Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with Windows."

IMAPI is disabled in services. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

TIA
    dbx

I uninstalled nero 6 and tried DT versons 3.23 to v.3.33. When I try to view the contents of the drive the same message appears. Does anyone know how to fix this?

TIA
    dbx

Comment

What kind of image, how created (software & settings used)?
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Mainly ".bin" images.

I pinpointed the suspect(s). I rolled back winxp and installed updated and programs individually. The cause of this problem occurred after installing Norton Internet Security 2003. I guess Norton Firewall 2003 does something odd to DT because I had AntiVirus 2003 installed before without problems. Also, I discovered that Diskeeper was not to working as well.

In the meantime, if anyone is running Norton Firewall 2003 on WinXP Pro please let me know how to you got DT v3.33 to work.

TIA
        dbx

Comment

Same problem

I am having the same problem, but I have a clean install of everything. I am running Windows XP with SP1 and all patches.

Since I installed Daemon Tools 3.33, I am not able to read any CD. I have a DVD ROM drive that give me the message: "Windows can not read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with Windows." I also have a CDRW drive that appears to read the CD, but just opens up an empty explorer window. When I try to mount an image file with Daemon Tools, it gives me the "corrupted" error.

I tried uninstalling Daemon Tools, but my CDs still do not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

I have had DT 3.33 running for some time on XP Pro. All programs are at current patch level. I mount CloneCD images over SMB network link from a Linux (Redhat 7.3) server. Things have been running great.

I just installed Norton Systemworks 2003 in its complete configuration - including Norton Antivirus 2003 and Ghost.

After I installed Norton Systemworks, whenever I loaded a disk image on DT 3.33 the machine instantly rebooted. I disabled the "Autoprotect" feature of Norton Antivirus 2003 and things seem to run fine.

-- Mache

Comment

Could you please mail me to [email protected] so we could try to find out the cause of reboot?

Comment

Even More Strange

Old thread I know, but this might help some users. It's a long post please be patient and read carefully.
                I use DT 4.08HE, WinXP Pro SP2, Nero 6, MagicISO, Kaspersky AV.
                One Lite-On DvD Rom(Sec IDE-Master),One NEC DvD Writer(Sec IDE-Slave).
                Here goes: Ive recently downloaded a few image files from the web mainly ISO, BIN, NRG and one UIF file...DvD size mostly but some CD size images. Most mount and autorun OK with there respective programs the odd one.... Guess what "windows cannot read from...." nothing unusual there. But when I burned the image files the results are very strange:
                CD size images all burn and read in both drives ok
                DvD size images all burn ok and if i uncheck the "eject CD after write" option most read ok too but once I eject the disc from the writer and reinsert it I get "windows cannot read from this..." on a few burned image files, I get this error if I let the disc eject after burning also....now here's the strangest part of it all....ANY image file that I manage to actually burn onto disc WILL read in the Lite-On drive EVERY time (EVEN a
                DVD-DL !! which I don't think it officially supports the reading of), seems strange that the device that burned the disc can't read it but the Lite_On can. If anyone possibly knows why this is please let me know. The only hint I've stumbled across to date is this:
                In Nero Info tool the supported read options for DVD-ROM (which I presume is the format of my final burned disc image) are checked for BOTH drives, but the disc type logos physically moulded on the front of each drive are as follows:
                Lite-On says "DVD-ROM" and "Compact Disc" only
                NEC Writer says "DVD R/RW" "RW DVD+/-R DL" and "Compact Disc ReWritable UltraSpeed" only (note the missing "DVD-ROM logo, it might hold some signifigance") maybe the NEC is manufactured only to write discs of all types but not read them, physically impossible I would have thought. But the results seem to reflect this.
                Various machine configs give the same results and make no difference:
                Swap master and slave devices.
                Removing Lite-On-DVD completely.
                Windows In-built disc burning enabled/disabled.
                Windows SP2 installed/not installed
                Kaspersky installed/not installed
                Daemon tools installed/not installed...I mounted an disc image copied the files to a my docs folder named the same as mounted disc image, uninstalled DT, restarted machine and wrote a disc named after the folder containing the files to verify this.
                So to conclude this leaves me with only one problem I personally can think of, an incompatibilty with Nero and Windows...possibly in the wnaspi layer as the Lite_On would have no reason to use it.
                I hope this helps the DT devolpment team and others in their quest to indentify the problem of "windows cannot read from...."
                By the way if anyone knows exactly which formats of disc windows can and can't read please let me know...I've searched forums, MS website etc with no solid answers to this question. The error message itself is too general and gives no clue to the incompatibilty of the error, maybe Microsoft could produce an update of the error code which could be more specific.
                Thank You for your time and patience....and Thanks to the DT team for a great utility....I hate inserting loads of different discs.. I wish I had a couple of 500Gig drives...NVM dream on

Comment

Working...
                X