Warning you will laugh at my pain...*sigh*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning you will laugh at my pain...*sigh*

I have recently discovered that maybe I should read descriptions of things before installing them...and I'm supposed to be an IT student...

I like any other idiot on the planet figured that 4.03 (I think) was *the* latest version for my pc. Oh how wrong I was... I have regular XP, just regular old run of the mill XP...not the 32bit version and definately not the 64bit version...stupid move on my part I installed the 32bit version. I was told that I had to restart the computer and now my laptop keeps doing a memory dump.

After many reboots and many attempts to fix it I tried that little uninstall file for the sptd and it said it wasn't installed. Cool.

I tried doing the regedit solution (changing the sptd start to 4 instead of 0) and it works, I don't get the memory dump. Yay! I seem to be able to use daemon tools fine now (I installed the RIGHT version this time). I just want to make sure that having spdt disabled won't totally mess with my system or whether I should once again back everything up and reinstall windows (just to be safe).

Oh and have I ever learned my lesson to read before installing and NOT to skip to the relavant parts.

M

Why is this here? Other than the fact that it doesn't make much sense, what's the prob?

Comment

apart from the fact that it is complete rubbish?

Ask Copytrooper, he moved it to mod-forum

Comment

I figured the whole board could enjoy this "humour"

Comment

That's not humor, just stupidity.
          "I have regular XP, just regular old run of the mill XP...not the 32bit version and definately not the 64bit version"
          What's that? 16bit, 48bit, or just pir8ed version without any service pack!?
          Such bullshit does not deserve an answer ...
          "and I'm supposed to be an IT student..." - sure, emphasize "supposed"!
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
          X