Image(ISO format Question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image(ISO format Question..

) i store my backups on HDD (i dislike optical disks)

) so im looking for best size/compression options

) and i always use NoCDcracks, so i dont need the disk to run.

I dont have many ISOs, cause i currenly only use Modern FPS Games, such as, example: Farcry/prey/etc...

....so heres my question = in ISObuster theres 2 options, to Copy to normal (Raw) format, witch produces the commen sized bin/cue files that im use to.... but it also has a Copy (User Data Only) option, witch i notice produces a Smaller Image File...

..since i only use NoCDcracks to run the games(and Deamon to Install) - is it safe to store and copy to the (User Data Only) Image format?

and another quick question, what is the point of? and why do poeple use .cue files if the bellow quote is accurate?

thx.
    -------------------------
    heres some quotes from ISObusters instruction file:

""The resulting *.bin file can simply be renamed to an *.iso file. Yes, *.bin files and *.iso files are often exactly the same ""

""In case you're dealing with a normal data CD (e.g. a Windows installation disc) extracting the user data alone is probably a good idea.
    However, when you suspect there are other modes on the CD as well (e.g. Audio, M2F2 (e.g. VCD, SVCD and CD-i), ...) you better extract Raw. So in a sense extracting an Image File raw is probably always the best idea !""
Working...
X