I fucked up, need help badly :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fucked up, need help badly :/

Ok, so I was installing a game through Daemon Tools. When the setup said it was missing some files, I searched for them on the mounted CD and found them in a .zip file.

The setup was running from the Daemon Tools X drive. I wasn't thinking, and thought to try to see if Daemon Tools could open the zip. So I made the virtual drive H.

So here's when I did something idiotic: I wasn't thinking, and accidentially tried mounting the .zip file straight from the X-drive (where the CD where the .zip is on was mounted...)

As you probably guessed, that didn't quite work and Windows basically froze up. Tried everything but I couldn't get it to un-freeze. Ok, so I thought "well, a simple reboot should fix it." Wrong.

When booting, at first after loading the Windows screen, it was just all black. Nothing happened even after a long wait. So another reboot, and I decided to try starting from the last working setup thing. Well, that's how I got here. I got to unmount and disable the virtual drives, but now, when starting up;

1) I get a RUNDLL error, saying roughly (translated from finnish to english: Error loading: C:/WINDOWS/System32/NvCpl.dll)
    The dynamically linked library's (DLL) initialization failed.
    2) My screen is all messed up. Can't change from 800x600 and 4bit colors to ANYTHING.
    3) My firewall doesn't seem to work, all kinds of ads are coming through. :\

Please, help me out guys. I really, really need to get this fixed and fast!
Working...
X