Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2142 Weird Situation

Hi all.
    I explain my situation: some time ago Clanbase (a famous netgaming community) gave away 1 fully functional online BF2142 cdkey for each Battlefield 2 clan that was subscribed in some league/cup.
    To be precise I don't know if that was done for every country, surely was done for Italy (which have an "own" Clanbase called Clanbase Italy).
    I received the key from the Head member of my clan, which decided to gave it to me about a month later that Clanbase offered it to him.
    He also told me that the key has not been used before.

In the mail where the cdkey was wrote there was also the correct procedure to download EA Link and activate the game in a personal EA Account.
    But when I've tried to activate the code in that system, Ea link told me that the key is invalid.
    I know, maybe it's not legal... anyway, to check the cdkey validity I downloaded an image of the game and I was able to run the game perfectly for some weeks.
    After some fighting with Safedisc4, the game worked simply disabling the DVD-ROM device in the Device Manager, using DT4 (and maybe, I don't remember very well... running YASU 1.04 or Safedisc Hider 1.1 or both at the same time).

Some weeks later, apparently for no reason, the game didn't start no more. It asks me the dvd.
    For all those weeks I played, the DVDROM device (LG GSA-4040b burner) was disabled. And maybe it didn't start no more because I re-enable it.
    At first I thought it was for the last game update 1.20 ("maybe they did an update to the dvd protection system", I thought), so I've tried to run the game in its retail 1.0 version.
    But still asks me dvd.
    I've tried all possible solutions found here in this forum, using newer YASU, Safedisc Hider, DT4 Safedisc Emulation, burning that image with last versions of Alcohol 120%, Nero and Blindwrite, but it never worked (I have backup copy of BF2142 everywhere lol).
    I've tried to update SPTD to 1.42.
    I've tried to disable IDE drives physically or to disable the IDE Channel from the BIOS of my motherboard (Asrock P4P88+).
    Nothing. Nada. Nisba. =)
    BF2142 didn't start no more.
    Personally I think that the problem is that DVD ROM drivers are a bit messed up or something like that; maybe a new installation of my OS would make everything work right.
    But I don't have the time and the will now and "The game is not worth the candle".

Can you suggest me something?
    If you refer to YASU-DT4 or similar applications, try to specify every passage (like shell commands) to do, maybe I'm doing wrong something there.
    Help me i'm frustrated.

Thank you in advance.
    ...and please forgive my english, I know it sucks.
Working...
X