Error loading IDE-Adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error loading IDE-Adapter

When I try to start the IDE-Adapter (Pro Advanced Version 4.10.218) I get the Error Message "Unable to add adapter. Device Problem 1". My Pc also finds some new Hardware and tries to install the driver but of course there is no one!

I use WinXp x32 Sp2

IDE adapter uses MS "Standard IDE/ESDI Hard Disk Controller" driver from mshdc.inf.
    Try to point to it manually.
    Also if you have any errors in event log then post them here.

Comment

X32? You mean X86 for 32-bit.

Also you are missing your customer tag.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

I have the same problem (I think!). When trying to create a virtual IDE drive, windows flash up that it has found some new hardware and immetidly (before I got a chance to do anything, at least) says there's something wrong. While this happens daemon tools pro seems completely locked up. After a while I get an error "Unable to add adapter. Device Problem 1". The event log is completely empty.
        I'm also in XP, sp2 (32-bit).

Comment

Originally Posted by Development View Post
          IDE adapter uses MS "Standard IDE/ESDI Hard Disk Controller" driver from mshdc.inf.
          Try to point to it manually.
          How could we do this to resolve this problem?

Comment

is it just me, or does anyone else find it quite odd that a lot of the people asking about the virtual ide don't have customer tags?
            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
              is it just me, or does anyone else find it quite odd that a lot of the people asking about the virtual ide don't have customer tags?
              This doesn't mean nothing cause a friend of mine is a customer but he' s not at home righ now and he asked me to search some news about his problem. It's a quite odd that a lot of people has the same problem with virtual ide, dont' you?

Comment

Blame "The Witcher" and Tages

Comment

Originally Posted by ManiusNG View Post
                  Blame "The Witcher" and Tages
                  These are the only answers you can give?

Comment

No, I also find it odd...

Comment

Originally Posted by gavius View Post
                      These are the only answers you can give?
                      Don't get me wrong, but since The Witcher got released, we see a lot of people coming here and asking how to use V-IDE.

Come on - how long is DT Pro on the market? It has been out since June if I recall. So why so many troubled users now, out of blue?

Smells kinda fishy if you ask me...
                      Originally Posted by gavius
                      a friend of mine is a customer but he' s not at home righ now and he asked me to search some news about his problem.
                      Tell your friend to post in customer section. He'll get help
                      Last edited by ManiusNG; 03.11.2007, 18:44.

Comment

Oh yes, The Witcher.

I really think that they're many users using a pirate version of DTPro AE.

If someone really owned DTProAE he should just ask the disc-soft support, u know.
                        Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
                        Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
                        Schreibt mir eine PN!
                        If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

I'm a translator and I got a DTProAdv license, but still no customer tag (as of November 3rd 2007). I know that the admins are busy, but should I send them a message nevertheless?

Comment

>a friend of mine is a customer but he' s not at home righ now >and he asked me to search some news about his problem

)

Sorry, but we don't buy this story anymore.
                            Only customers with tags will get replies from now on.
                            Indeed, ask your friend to search for info himself.

Comment

@Timmnuv:

customer tag added :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X