AdVantage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AdVantage.

Firstly, I know this has been brought up before, but I feel it warrants as much discussion as can be stirred for it.

Second of all, I'd like to note the courage the mods and admins for standing behind their product, I know it must be hard.

It's been posted before, and it's probably right... Daemon tools DOES come with a nice lil' bundle called AdVantage, which comes with a nice lil' bundle called outerinfo (and I don't really know what Dot1XcFg is supposed to be, but the install of Daemon tools put that in my program list). Now, I understand that AdVantage is a de-selectable, optional software package that provides more of that service called 'advertisement' that I simply don't get enough of from TV, Movies, Bilboards, Logos on people's shirts, embedded ads in video games, embedded ads in TV shows, and general product placement,
    But I still can't help but feel like I've been made a fool by the folks who made Daemon tools. Though it WAS probably de-selectable, you wouldn't know that unless you'd browsed the forums (we all hate installs, and push through as fast as we can, and Software developers know that). Furthermore, I have to wonder if OuterInfo and all the other software bundled vicariously to Daemon tools through AdVantage are on this 'whitelist' and guaranteed safe by 'truste', or if they're just piggybacking off the credibility lent to AdVantage by those titles. I've already Unintstalled Daemon Tools and AdVantage, but my system keeps bringing up IE windows full of crap I don't particularly want to buy, And I fear I might have to reformat the hard drive, install an OS, and start from scratch again. I know that Daemon Tools lite is free software, and they're going to make money however they can, but again...

I CAN'T HELP BUT FEEL LIKE DAEMON TOOLS HAS MADE A FOOL OF ME.

I would like to express much compassion for the shame and humiliation that the people working on daemon tools lite must feel, but on the other hand, I fucking hate daemon tools. I fucking hate Daemon tools and spite the people who work to advance it. I know we live in a world where you can't trust anyone to get your back, but i fucking hate daemon tools and I spite the people who work to advance it, because you've put a thorn in my side that will continue to remind me of two things until I reformat this HDD:

1: You're probably better off buying whatever software you lost the cd for (again) than downloading daemon tools

2: No one gives half a shit about your interests, principals, or morals but you, and they probably never will.

Thanks, Daemon tools, for making this world that much darker.
    ~Tails

Registry corrupted.

I know you're just going to delete this post, thats what you did the last two times. I just want you to know that advantage, and all the software that comes bundled to it, has ruined my windows registry. Thanks a fucking lot, daemon tools. OS reinstall is now eminent, and I have no one to blame but myself for being stupid enough to actually install your bullshit software. Fuck you, AdVantage, fuck you daemon tools, and fuck you, moderator, for trying to stand behind this bullshit software. I'm going to pray tonight that your fucking family has the sense to end you so that you can't fuck the world any worse than you have. I swear to god i'll spit on your grave.

Comment

Working...
    X