Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lock On Flaming Cliffs... How can I bypass Starforce v3.4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock On Flaming Cliffs... How can I bypass Starforce v3.4?

I've been trying to bypass Lock On's Starforce protection since yesterday but haven't made any progress at all. I used the Protection ID app and it says that Lock On uses "Starforce v3.4 - v4.7". So I've come here for help.

Right now it seems that the simplest and least frustrating way of bypassing Starforce would be to "unplug your IDEs" as lots of poeple have said. But the only problem is that I don't know what unplugging your IDEs means

Could someone enlighten me? Thanks

It means to turn off your computer, open the side of the case and unplug the cable and/or power from your CD/DVD drives. Alternatively, you can use Device Manager to disable the drives (doesn't always work), or use Alcohol's "EDM System" to disable the drives (also does not always work, depending on copy protection and version).

Comment

Does the game have to be installed using the CD/DVD-ROM? Because I installed Flaming Cliffs using an image, and my CD-ROM is always unplugged since I hardly ever use it, but I still can't get past Starforce even with the CD-ROM unplugged.

Comment

And which error do you get exactly when your optical drives are unplugged?
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

I get the "Failed to identify the disc in the drive. Insert a licensed disc." error whenever I try and run Lock On

Comment

That means your image is bad. How was it created (which software and settings)?

Comment

I downloaded it.

Comment

Working...
              X