Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software already activated by different user from the same PC/OS

Hello,

I Installed Daemontools Pro Advanced on my PC. The i had an Erro and I deinstalled the Programm. Now i tried to reinstall ist but i allways get the error " Software already activated by different user from the same PC/OS ".

How can i fix that Problem?

Revoke your current hardware key in Disc-Soft.com account.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Hello,

I done this allready but its still de same Error.

What sould i do now?

Comment

Same here...

I am getting the same error, only I am trying to install the trial version of the software.

I currently have DT 4.30.1 Lite installed, and am trying out Pro. I have tried all of my email addresses and all of them give the same result. I don't have any purchased licenses or hardware keys in my disc-soft.com account.

Very strange that you have to go through an activation process for a trial. Makes me wary of buying the full product.

Comment

Use the email address you used in this forum.

Also it is not allowed to have multiple accounts over at disc-soft and you have several.
          Peace Through Power

Comment

I was using the email on this account, and it's still not working. I never registered for any disc-soft.com accounts, so it's strange that I have any set up at all. I went in an formally set up one for the account associated with this forum, but it's still giving me the same error.

Comment

Same Problem...

Hi - I am having the same exact problem, tried to install the Pro trial and am getting "Software already activated by different user from the same PC/OS", I have tried many differant email addresses but no joy. I hadn't registered on either these forums or on the disc-soft site until after these problems began.

If I try to register on disc-soft with the same email address I am using on these forums I am told the address is already in use which I doubt is true as I own the domain the address is from...

This seems a very odd system just to trial some software...

Comment

Update

Ok so im guessing somehow when you try to activate the trial it creates an account for you on disc-soft as by clicking the "forgot password" link i was able to get some login info mailed to me - nowhere in the install does the software tell you this. (unless this is someone elses account?????)

Anyway after logging in I dont see anywhere to reset a hardware key - maybe because I havent purchased anything???

Very confused and still unable to install the trial...

Comment

@Fool79

You have 4 accounts over at Disc-soft.

Revoke the hardware license key in rooodvon account.
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

Arggh

OH NO!! that one wasnt even a real account!!! I just put that one in to try and get past the activation!

Could that account be deleted? or could you send me the login info for it?

Sorry about that
                    Last edited by Fool79; 24.10.2008, 22:23.

Comment

Is there a way to actually get all our accounts removed so we can start over? I had no idea that it was going to actually create an account on some website, and associate a key with that account just to be able to use the trial software.

Had I known that, I wouldn't have put 'test@test.com' as the first email address.

This seems like a lot of hoops to jump through just to try out the software.

Comment

So at my first try I also used an none existing email adress. So how can i reset that? Because I wold like to try the Software.

Comment

Warez noobs strikes again.
                          Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                          X