Need basic help, I don't even know the jargon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need basic help, I don't even know the jargon

My goal is to either be able to make a backup of pc game discs, or be able to play games without having to "insert disc 1". A friend suggested Daemon Tools Pro, which I now have but, don't know how to use. I have read the help but don't know the jargon. I don't know what a virtual drive is exactly or why it might be needed. I don't exactly know what an image is, or what it's for.

I have followed the instructions on the help site for "How to copy a disc". I was hoping this would create a backup CD. However, I found that it made a file on my hard drive. I tried going to that filem double clicking on it, but it asked me to "Insert disc one".

Can someone please teach me the language and how to achieve my goal described in the first sentence of this post. My family isn't very good about putting away discs and will appreciate not losing games due to ruined discs.

Thank you in advance
    KingLear35

Which game and which protection does the game use?

The created file is called Image.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

The name of the first game I am trying to do is "The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind Game of the Year edition" which includes 2 expansion discs "Tribunal" and "Bloodmoon".

According to the database, Morrowind uses SafeDisc 2.51.021. The version of Daemons Tools Pro that I have doesn't seem to exactly match the version on the help files. For one, I couldn't find a place to select the protection type. The screen didnt look the same I believe I have version 4.10.0218.

Thanks again.
      KingLear35

Comment

Please check your DAEMON Tools Pro version (Help -> About) for exact version.
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Version 4.10.0218
          SPTD version 1.53

Comment

Update to 4.30.0303 and then interface will match to screenshots of manual.
            BTW are you running Pro Basic, Pro Standard or Pro Advanced?
            Peace Through Power

Comment

I am running Pro Advanced. When I click on Help, Check for Update, it says no update available.

Comment

Working...
              X