Why can't I leave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I leave

Even though I am sure that you believe that Daemon Tools is the best software that there is, some of us do not agree.

I tried to find a way to delete my account, but not only was there no deleting of the account, but support of the site is routed to this forum, which you have to register here as well, just to request not to be here. This is stupid.

I would like to see a section in the Account Options to remove account. I do not like the idea of my personal information sitting on your servers forever. Your software lasted a whole 20 minutes on my machine before it was deleted, it wouldn't have taken so long, but the activation system took most of that time.

If you are interested in why I feel this way, I will tell you. If not, just ignore this paragraph. I detest Microsoft's validation system. If you are going to treat everyone like a thief, then you deserve to have people stealing from you. To find that they. themselves, stole the activation software from someone else only shows the depths of their hypocrisy. I find that Linux is a superior Operating system, and considerably faster. Unfortunately there isn't the support in place for many things, but that is changing. Your activation system, and mentality seems to compete with Microsoft. You are even probably proud of that.

I tried Daemon tools on my laptop, and found it irritating that I had to connect to the internet just to start the program. There are times that the Internet is not available and I can see your software sitting there refusing to work without it. Does it really do that? I don't know, and I really don't even care. The first time that it did that, I knew that this was a piece of software that I would never have on my machine.

Is Daemon Tools that most extensive software of its kind? No, there are about thirty companies that make similar products, some better and some worse. Do your customer have to put up with being treated like this? NO, they do not, and they shouldn't have to. You may believe that yours is the only software in the world and that people will put up with anything, but you are wrong and time will show you that. History is full of examples.

However, that does not change the reason for this message. I want a way to remove my personal data from your system. I have deleted all information, with the exception of my e-mail address. However, I want that removed as well. What is your justification in keeping any information about people that do not want to use your software? Do you have a hate list going? Do you sell e-mail addresses? What exactly is your reason for verifying an email address, and then never deleting it?

You have my request - I want my personal information removed from your systems - all of your systems. One of the few things the DMCA is useful for is this request. If my information is not removed, I will lodge a complaint against you.

Have a nice day,
    Carele35
Working...
X