Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yasu doesn't cloak DT lite against year-old securerom

Hi there, %subj%.

I haven't found a scanner to scan what securerom version is used on that exe file. Please advise

As for the matter, I tried as suggested in the release thread,

DTLite 4124 + Yasu 1.5_8111
    DTLite 4304 + Yasu 1.6_9040

Unless I did something wrong, in both cases SecureROM sees emulator clear as a day.

I typically use VirtualCloneDrive but even with VCD uninstalled everything is same (i.e. the notorious message "Emulator detected! Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software").

My main PC due to lack of space/slots doesn't typically have a physical drive attached (I only attach when I really need it and I try to keep it as rarely as possible).

Cheers!

Which game/app are you talking about ?
    How did you create the image ?

The recommended Protection Scanner is ProtectionID
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      Which game/app are you talking about ?
      How did you create the image ?

The recommended Protection Scanner is ProtectionID
      Unfortunately that is not a game (I typically play multiplayer games only anyway).

That is quite known for its robust protection UKInfo v14 database (only second disc seems to be protected which is checked by SecuROM on application start-up)

[!] SecuROM Detected - Version 07.36.0011
      [!] LiCENSE - CrypKey SDK v6.0 - v6.4 detected !

This application has even been reported on Alco forums (at least found one thread there, I have no user account there).

Basically I followed recommendations from the internet that CloneCD + DT Lite (with RMPS emulation on, and it was definitely older build) is enough (second image only, generic ISO can be used for the install CD). At least on my system though, securom identifies emulation on either VCD or DT Lite (both builds) and apparently YASU being on or off doesn't change anything.

What about x64 support? My OS is XP x64 SP2. Maybe YASU has troubles cloaking the drives in such environment?

Comment

@Egh
        From what i've seen on the net these recommendations are related to an illegal
        version including an CCD image of an RMPS copy, so forget about that.

How have you created your image, program/settings ?
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Aha! As I suspected! According to my experience YASU unfortunately doesn't cloak against at least that particular securom version, 100% certain on my main xp64sp2 system.

Now the really funny thing:
          I only tried older version of DTL (i.e. DTLite 4124 + Yasu 1.5_8111 combo) on my secondary PC (old portable "desktop", which has XP x86 installed and a physical dvd drive). I haven't yet tried newer combo, because believe it or not but it finally worked !

So problem is apparently solved for me, but not for you:shy: Because the oddest thing is that YASU still does NOT allow it to work! But it works with an older DT with RMPS emulation on (just that, even securom emulation is off!) And no yasu working whatsoever.... :rofl: However if YASU is actively cloaking the drive then the emulation error on app start is shown again

Comment

The emulation options don't matter unles you're using a physical backup disc. They have no affect on the virtual drives or the images mounted therein.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
              The emulation options don't matter unles you're using a physical backup disc. They have no affect on the virtual drives or the images mounted therein.
              I've recently learned that e.g. Safedisc emulation can also be of use for cooked Safedisc CD images
              ... and as like can RMPS emulation for images of RMPS copies

But of course normally they are for physical backups only.

Anyhow, this thread will selfdestruct soon as i've noticed only now the threadstarter is talking about a "release thread"
              + the fact that RMPS has to be activated for his mounted image to work.

Comment

Working...
              X