Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copytrooper (or anyone else) read this!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copytrooper (or anyone else) read this!!!

The "General Advice" for any forum is search for your question before posting. Unfortunately I found nothing on why the desktop went kaput in Vista and why the orginazation of all my core files got restructured from Confusing Vista to XP format (I've taken the XP certification tests so I was SHOCKED when all of a sudden I could find everything again). Knowing the only way this could happen was with a registry edit I searched the forums. Then I had to figure out how to post to a thread (something I've never had to do) to help those who hadn't taken an XP test or automatically thought registry. This whole thing took a while and now its about an hour later and all I really have wanted to do is reply or PM Copytrooper... But I can't because his thread doesn't allow replies and I'm not going to do a ton of posts so I can PM him so someone else do it:

The Reply: "The volatile key messes up alot of other things including: disabling the desktop, restructuring orginazation of user files (the desktop, etc.), Vista features such as searching and tagging, and program files. As well as disabling Aero due to Vista's "features" that prevent it from being incompatible. The effect ends up turning Vista into XP. Just thought this should be added for those Vista users that freak out. Don't know if this effects anything but I'm running 32-bit"

*To the Admins: You can now delete my account*
Working...
X