First time user to Daemon Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time user to Daemon Tools

I'm new to the forum and have never used Daemon Tools before but got a sudden nostalgic feeling to play one of my old school fav's.

I got the Iso's but cant for the life of me figure out what I'm suppose to do now.

I'm using Daemon Tools lite because the other version wouldnt work on my Vista laptop.

I right click DT icon and click Virtual Devices - Mount Image - Then I click disc 1 which opens up the menu for the files inside, I then click setup.

The installation for the game begins and reaches abour 15% before it asks to insert disc 2, I try to click on disc 2 from the iso folder which comes with (disc1-5) but it just wont work.

I think it expects a disc but I thought the whole point of using DT was to avoid having to use a disc in the first place.

I tried the "Mount ' n 'Drive Manager" option and I add all 5 discs to the Image Catalog. It gives me the burn with Astroburn which I did to a cd but even with this burned CD I get an error message when I try to open it.

I've checked out Youtube vids and instruction manuals all over and they all seem simple enough except when its time for me to do it and it just wont work.

How did you create your images?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I'm sure im going to sound even more ridiculous with my next comment.

Create an Image?

Obviously I must have missed a step somewhere because I dont think I did 'that', what ever 'that' is.

Comment

Your ISOs are so-called disc images.

How did you create those ISOs, or in case you didn't at all: where did you get them ?

btw. what's the name of that old school fav ?
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I assumed they were Iso's straight from the download. I got them from bit-torrent. So I would somehow turn these 'disc images' into Iso's?

The game is the original Everquest back from 1999.

Comment

I googled a bit and didn't find a valid legal download.
            Is anyone of you mods/admins finding one, if not, he will get banned.
            Even if the game is from 1999.
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
            X