Hitman Contracts Mdf file won't run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitman Contracts Mdf file won't run

Recently got HMC, as .mds and .mdf files have tried mounting on virtual drives on Alcohol 120 but when I try to run come up with a disk emulator error says program not compatible!??!

Does Alc 120 support the .mdf files? If so can some one tell me what I'm doing wrong? If not any ideas how i can get the game to run

Help! :x :x

How do you create the images? which settings used in Alc120%?

Comment

I'm new to this so bear with me.... First I do is find the d loaded images on my computer and burn them onto cd-rws (x2).
      I then mount both images on E: and F: drives respectively.
      Then I load the cd, select the E: drive and run the setup prog on cd1, it does this in about 5 mins, then asks me to enter cd2 to complete installation - also comes up with a box asking me to specify pathname.
      I load the 2nd disk - change the pathname to F: (where I have virtually mounted the 2nd cd's image) and run it.
      This seemed to work fine the first time, and the HMC shortcut was placed on my desktop - leading me to believe the game had installed and was ready to go.
      However, after clicking the shortcut I was given a message saying that my 'disk emulation was not compatible' (or something very similar).
      I tried swapping cds to no avail.
      Now I'm in a complete muddle.

I'm not even sure if I've created the images, all I've done is mount them.
      How do I create them? Do the files need to appear in the main Alc 120 window - they're not at the mo).

After looking at a BT help page (Brian's BT help page) I discovered that there was no explanation of what to do with .mdf files, although there was for .mds files - this doesn't feel me with a great deal of condfidence.
      Both of the main HMC game files are in .mdf format!

Please help, I am completely lost, HMC took 70 hours to get! And I really want to play it!

Have u any advice?? :cry: :cry:

Comment

Originally Posted by chrissealax
        I'm new to this so bear with me.... First I do is find the d loaded images on my computer and burn them onto cd-rws (x2).
        Downloaded images? That is ILLEGAL and will get you no support here.
        Originally Posted by chrissealax
        Please help, I am completely lost, HMC took 70 hours to get! And I really want to play it!
        Hahaha! 70 hours download and then the images don't work :lol: That will teach you! :P

Comment

sit on it and swivel. twat.

Comment

:roll: bye, bye, baby :mrgreen:
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
            X