• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - no sound when playing DVD from hard drive

Operating System: Windows 2000 pro
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: Norton
    DAEMON Tools Version: Most upto date (downloaded 19th August 2004)

I found Deamon yesterday following advice from another board.

I had down loaded a full tv series but it was an iso file and i dont yet have a DVD burner. ISO buster repeatedly failed when trying to extract the video and it turns out that it was an easy CD file which i am told is not a proper iso.

I loaded the file into Nero and asked it to image burn a new copy to my HD, which it did, so i then had a properly created .nrg file.

I mounted using my newly installed Daemon tools and it began to play back using the standard DVD playing software but there is no sound?

I have tried changing all of the settings on daemon but no joy. I have also selected the physical drive (G) from 'my computer' and messed around with the properties settings such as 'allow digital audio' but still no luck.

Other AVI files that play from the HD usin WM player all have no audio problems.

I decided to make sure the file was good and that the audio wasnt missing from the origanl download so i used DVDx to rip one of the chapters to a MPEG file and that palyed with no audio problems using WM player on one of my PC's but on my lap top the audio was missing on WM Player but fine on Win DVD?

If anyone has any suggestions it would be a big help.
Working...
X