Obscure by Hydravision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obscure by Hydravision

I have this game and want to keep my original as pristine as I can. Therefore, I want to create a copy that I can mount in Daemon to play the game.

I entered the serial from the original that I created as a .mdf image. After mounting it in Daemon Tools 3.46, it fails to validate the CD with the serial. I've even tried an exhaustive search for a fix for this and found only another serial which also fails to work. :cry:

There is a registry workaround for the Starforce protection I believe but searching has found no references in the forums. I was going to try it to see if it would work. Can anyone point me to the relevant thread in the forums for this?

Thanks.
    My idea of an OS is one that Operates the System. Not every application ever written.

I can't edit my original thread posting so I'll have to append to it by replying.

An extensive search regarding Starforce has revealed that it installs drivers that can and often do screw up the system. USB devices often fail to work after the installation. Thezse drivers are installed without the users knowledge and also hidden in the list of drivers... Why hidden unless they have some insidious reason for being there other than just copy protection :?: Users have tried manual removal and it just re-installs them again (virus???) others have tried other methods of removing them and it has resulted in having to re-install the OS. But there is a removal tool available and a search via google should find it for you.

The link below shows the drivers and how to find them in device manager.

In addition, after never having tried the original game CD, I tried it after my original posting here. The game doesn't work in my CD either. When I checked up, I found that many others like myself are also having problems with dual physical CD drives. I have a DVD writer and a CD writer on the same IDE port. Apparently, Starforce will often fail on a dual drive system in the same way as it fails when IDE CD's are present when trying to play from an image in Daemon Tools.

Apparently, this protection system is badly bugged, it should be cracked and prevented from installing drivers.
    My idea of an OS is one that Operates the System. Not every application ever written.

Comment

Working...
    X