Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Far Cry DVD .ISO error: "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Far Cry DVD .ISO error: "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application"

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    Burning Software: none
    Anti-virus Software: Microsoft Anti-Spyware and Ad-Aware SE Personal
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I managed to get the .ISO of the Far Cry DVD and was able to run it using Daemon Tools. It installed without a single problem, ran just as expected. Then, I clicked on the virtual drive i created with the "game" mounted and tried to run it. I am greeted with an auto-play screen, and then after pushing "play" the error in my subject line appears. I tried unmounting and remounting the image, I tried all different disk protection versions, hell I even tried Alcohol 120% and was met with nothing. I keep getting that same error. If someone could help me out it would be much appreciated and be very much useful for future reference.

which program was used to create the .iso-file? Which settings?

Comment

I believe it was Alcohol, but not from me, one of my friends made the .ISO. They are currently unreachable over spring break, so I have no idea what settings they used, but I assume the default.

Comment

then re-create the image from your original-disc with alcohol120%
        This will work 100%, I did exactly the same with exactly the same game

Comment

Alright, i just need to get my hands on the DVD first, thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X