Tired of guessing!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired of guessing!!

I'm trying to play Empire Earth II, I have installed the game on my local drive and mounted image with alcohol 120% and daemon tools. Now I can double click on the autorun.exe file in my local drive and the main menu comes up and I click play game it just keeps coming up "wrong cd in drive". I tried play game button after mounting on virtual drives and the same thing comes up.what do I have to do to make it so this damn thing plays??

P.S. Ive sat and read threads in the forum for two hours now and tried all sorts of diffrent things but to no avail. can someone pinpoint me what the hell I have to do or what I didn't do please!!! Thanks in advance!!!!

First of all, we'll need to know how the image was created - if that wasn't done correctly, you'll have to create a new one. So please tell us how you did that, only then can we really try to help you.

But, assuming you did that correct: Empire Earth II is protected with SecuROM v5 (at least the german version is, I'll assume yours is too), thus needs a registry hack before it can be run from an image. Have you looked at the thread about the "Small Application to automatically apply the "Deny" method for Securom"? This could probably help you get the game to run.

Hope this helps. In any case - whether it does help or not - please give us feedback! That way we know what kind of problems occur the most frequently...

NetSoerfer
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

The image was created with taking the bin. and cue. from disk one and putting it in a virtual drive and taking the bin. and cue. from disk two and putting that in a diffrent virtual drive through daemon tools then installing the game on my local drive. After installation and the program saying "installation sucessful" I tried the autostart.exe file and the main screen comes up and when clicking the "play" button it keeps saying "wrong cd in drive". I have no cd's in any of my drives. Then I try mounting the t5he game in a virtual drive and the same senario happens? I hope this answers the question you were asking. I looked at the link you provided and how will I apply that program to the game?? Do I download it to the file of the game exe. file is in?? and thank you for your help so far, it would be awsome if I can get this figured out!!

Comment

bin/cue image won't work for SecuROM :!:
        Re-create the image from your original in appropriate image format with DPM data (Alcohol or Blindwrite).
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

It was fowarded to me as an bin. and cue. 2 cds. From my friends original, I've played games from Bin. and Cue. without burning them to disc and just mounting them on virtual drives before with no problem, just it has been awhile!!!

Comment

Also I don't see anywhere to convert a bin. and cue. image file to dpm format on alcohol??

Comment

:roll: But I see a nice banned for life button :lol: Bye :mrgreen:
              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
              X