X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Longman Dict's Emulation

About Longman Dict's Emulation

Everybody:
    I downloaded a Updated Edition of the Longman Dictionary of ontemporary English 4th Edition。and I got the method to use it.(as below), But it dosent work for me. Then I think DAEMON could be OK, I try it but also got the message of "You should Insert the original disk". Anyone can tell me how to resolve it?

I've been told that some people are having trouble getting this to work, so
    I burned a new disk from the image, uninstalled the dictionary, and reinstalled it from the new disk without any problem.
    BUT I am beginning to think the copy is not as perfect as I thought it was because, when I installed it on a third computer (I already tested it on a second) I got this message: Please insert the original disc..., which means it's not working
    Can't think what the reason can be other than that it has something to do with the reader/writer i used.
    Sorry for the convenience but I did what I could to test it before posting it.
    I'll try and sort it out, so if you've already downloaded the image don't delete the image just yet.

In case you want to compare the settings I used for the 2 successful discs (installed ok 2 of my computers at any rate):
    Alcohol 120%
    Options
    Emulation: RMPS Emulation checked
    Extra Emulation: Subchannel Data Fixed and Emulation checked
    Data type setting:
    Recording Options
    Burn RMPS to recordable media checked
    Image Wizard:
    Securom New 4.x/5.x
    Old info
    I burned this CCD image using Alcohol 120% (12x) with RMPS emulation turned on and using the SecuRom New 4.x/5.x option according to tze tz's instructions. Then I did a full install: AND IT WORKED! Congratulations tze tz! Thanks, to, Sushi, and others for advice.
    The full installation takes quite a long time (but it does using the original cds, too) and asks for CD2 at one point. So you will need this, too. I will post it soon.
    If you do the Recommended install you probably don't need CD2 which is full of audio, but then you might have to fiddle about putting in CD2 when accessing some functions of the dictionary.

This is Emule Address:
    ed2k://|file|longman4v2_cd2.zip|823912406|A62BA557C13CDC4 B85A66055CCCB17C6|h=N6Y6WBIVX4MXJW67WE22EEG7WWRKVJ QO|/
    ed2k://|file|longman4v2.zip|621039632|724AEE3BCB419C59790 759709097E25C|h=DU3ON24S45LXUARA3EDBZDDKZG45H7L7|/[/size] :mrgreen:

:!: WTF :?: :roll: Bye :mrgreen:
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
    X