• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• annoying sudden SHUT- DOWNs

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP sp 2
    Burning Software: Blindwrite 5
    Anti-virus Software: Norton anti-virus 2005
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

ok, i just got "NBA live 2005" and before i play it i mount image, cdkey.mdf, using Virtual DAEMON manager V3.47 and it works perfectly as i got into the game. But wen i am playing it, the game just closes it self suddenly without any pop-ups of errors or etc. and everytime it has different length of time for me to play and its really getting frustrating after a while... (last time, it shut down wen i was about to win the whole match)

pLZ PLZ PLZ help me

Why on earth did you make this a poll? What do you care whether somebody has the same problem, shouldn't you be more interested in whether someone has solved this? :roll:
    Anyway, this probably has nothing to do with Daemon Tools as an image is usually fine if you can get the game to run. Sounds rather like a temperature problem in your computer or some slightly broken RAM or something, or maybe a broken driver. Something just quitting at some random time is usually nothing that's intended by the developers (and quitting on "no CD found" is intended).

Anyway, just to rule it out, how did you create the image? What drives, what software & settings?
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

well... i think the game is ok but i am not sure if i have any probs. with my RAM or temporary files... is there a more direct way that i can fix or find out why this is happening?

edit: i just checked my temperature/hard drive performance with speedfan and they both seem to be quite fine... :shock:

Comment

make your graphics card heat up with reallyslick.com open gl screensavers

When you play a game your graphics card may increase the entire system temperature by 10 degrees or more (worse for laptops). Maybe its just a heat thing - you could try downloading some of the latest http://www.reallyslick.com/ screensavers and turning them up to MAX - definitely straining your card. But this idea would only let you know if graphics processing / heat is the culprit.

Also - wouldn't hurt to locate unsigned drivers, run dxdiag, reinstall directx, and latest version of directx is 9.0c in case you are not running this version.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

cdkey.mdf - do I fucking believe it!? :roll: Bye :mrgreen:
          Moreover banned due to wasting our time with game problem - if it crashes, contact game support first (after trying with original -> no original -> banned :twisted: ).
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
          X