Emulation Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emulation Problem

I got myself an image of "Advent Rising". It is protected with Securom 7.
    I burned it on one of my pc's, using a NEC 3500 AG burner, with alcohol 120% and RMPS enabeld. After burning, I loaded DT3.44, checked all emulations and the DVD is working fine!

On my other pc, I have same config (XP & programs), only DT3.47.
    When I insert the DVD in this pc (using Lite-on163D-DVD reader), with DT3.47 active and all emulations checked, I still get the "needs emulation" message.

I already tried many things. Changing the position of the DVD-drive on the cabel, using alcohol instead or together with DT.
    I disabled anydvd, because that could be conflicting.

But I cannot get it to work.
    My best guess right now would be:
    1. version DT 3.44 works better than 3.47
    2. The DVD drive is not suitable for RMPS.

I hope you can help me out.

How did you create the image (program and version, settings, name of CD/DVD drive used)?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Probably some problem with AIN on the 2nd system. :idea:
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I need to read more carefully
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
          Probably some problem with AIN on the 2nd system. :idea:
          Could you please explain that further Copytrooper?

I disabled AIN (Auto Insert Notification), but still got the emulation problem.
          Although the DVD now says: "DVD Drive" instead of "needs emulation", it still is not emulated correctly. The game keeps asking for the right disc.

Personally I think it might be some kind of driver conflict, but I have no idea how to check that. Even my chipset (Nforce on A7N8X-deluxe) could be causing the problem I think..

Comment

AIN (auto insert notification) needs to be enabled of course! Autorun/-play is not needed though, although AIN is required for it to work.
            Which drivers are installed for the virtual devices (in device manager)?

Comment

Ah, I see. OK, I enabled AIN again (using CloneCD), left the autoplay off.
              I will reboot and report here. Edit: AIN switched on, says: "Needs Emulation" :cry:

Drivers installed are: (device manager/DT scsi drive/driver/driver file details
              system32\drivers\cdrom.sys X
              system32\drivers\elbycdfl.sys
              system32\drivers\elbydelay.sys
              system32\drivers\imapi.sys X
              system32\drivers\pxhelp.sys
              system32\drivers\redbook.sys X
              system32\storprop.dll X

X means: "digitally signed".
              Those are all microsoft publisher drivers.

On the pc where the DVD is working, I have the same list of drivers, with additionally the anydvd.sys driver. As I heard that Anydvd may cause some problems in combination with the emulation, I uninstalled it.

Comment

RMPS and auto insert notification step by step

Try to do some steps in this order:

1. Have your RMPS disc (created via Alcohol) inserted into your PC
                2. use the DAEMON Tools tray icon... Emulation... RMPS (CHECKED-enabled)
                3. Open my computer
                4. Look at the icon for the physical disc with RMPS data you're going to be using (whatever drive letter it may happen to be)
                5. Right click it in my computer, choose eject.
                6. right click in the white space in my computer, choose refresh. Keep refreshing (using the right click context menu) until the volume label disappears and says 'Compact Disc'.
                7. use your hands and put the ejected disc back into your desktop or notebook
                8. right click in the white space in my computer, choose refresh. Keep refreshing (using the right click context menu) until 'Compact Disc' disappears and hopefully now you don't see a volume label of 'Needs Emulation'
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Re: RMPS and auto insert notification step by step

1. Have your RMPS disc (created via Alcohol) inserted into your PC
                  -inserted, says: "Needs Emulation"

2. use the DAEMON Tools tray icon... Emulation... RMPS (CHECKED-enabled)
                  -was already activated, set too only RMPS enabled

3. Open my computer
                  4. Look at the icon for the physical disc with RMPS data you're going to be using (whatever drive letter it may happen to be)
                  -E: "Needs Emulation"

5. Right click it in my computer, choose eject.
                  -ok, rightclick on E:, Eject, wait few seconds, says: DVD Drive or CD drive.
                  It differs per attempt.

6. right click in the white space in my computer, choose refresh. Keep refreshing (using the right click context menu) until the volume label disappears and says 'Compact Disc'.
                  -I assume name "CD Drive" means the same?

7. use your hands and put the ejected disc back into your desktop or notebook
                  8. right click in the white space in my computer, choose refresh. Keep refreshing (using the right click context menu) until 'Compact Disc' disappears and hopefully now you don't see a volume label of 'Needs Emulation'
                  -Nope. Still :Needs Emulation".

add: this is the way it goes on the pc where it works. After activiation of the emulation I have to reload the DVD to get the emulation running. On this pc however, that does not work.

Can it be a chipset problem? I have an A7N8X deluxe with Nforce chipset. It sometimnes has strange problems. E.g. My NEC 3500 burner does not work on this motherboard. It works fine on my A7V333. NEC europe confimred that problem, but has no solution. Maybe something similar is happening to the emulation?

Comment

The Nforce chipset seems to be a good guess, but I've never heard of this happening before. Maybe its only a flaw with a specific version of Nvidia's mobo drivers.
                    the modern world:
                    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Do you have any advice/tips/trics which drivers to use?

Comment

Did you install nvidia's SW IDE driver?
                        If so try uninstalling it and using the default MS one.
                        Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Originally Posted by Kitna
                          Did you install nvidia's SW IDE driver?
                          If so try uninstalling it and using the default MS one.
                          You talk about IDE.. Do not understand what you mean by SW, but yes, got the Nvidia driver.
                          To be exact: Nvidia NForce MCP2 IDE controller. version 6.1.2600.0

I just tried to update to the MS version, but that resulted in a crashing system.. So had to go back to this one..

Can you please be a bit more specific about the driver you are talking about? Maybe you have a link?

Comment

:!: :?: "Got", "received" the image :!: :?: :shock:

Comment

Working...
                            X