• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really did search!

Operating System: xppro sp2
    Burning Software: N/A
    Anti-virus Software: N/A
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I am new here and need a little help. I just installed a game via Deamon Tools, the install went fine but I cannot lauch game as it states "emulator detected" is there a work around for this?

I did search!!

Operating System: XP
    Burning Software: Alcohol
    Anti-virus Software: NOD32
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Which game did you install? And which burning software did you use to make the backup?

Comment

my issue

First of all, Thanks a lot ford for jumping onboard to help me resolve this.

Fordprefect, i did not burn a copy of this game, I tend to just save the image file in a folder and let Deamon Tools emulate the image from there, hence there is no burning software stated. I have access to the software if needed (nero or instance).

I did not say which game as I was unsure of the protocols used here, most sites do not like to have copywrited software mentioned. I am trying to make the game F.E.A.R. work.

Comment

How did you made the image? and what software did you use do make it?
        I you don't answer those questions, noone will be able to help you
        Carpe diem

Comment

Ok, I will try. As I stated I did not create a disc, I am only working from an image on a desktop folder, the image was aquired via bittorrent. I then unrared the files to a folder on the desktop, in that folder now resides an .mds image. That is what I am trying to use. The image worked fine for the install (flawlessly) but when I try to launch game I recieve the error as previously stated. "emulator detected".

I use this method all of the time for EASports games etc. No disc, just the image. I ask Deamon Tools to mount the selected image and off I go!

Please be patient with me.

Comment

Originally Posted by fishgriddle
            Ok, I will try. As I stated I did not create a disc, I am only working from an image on a desktop folder, the image was aquired via bittorrent.
            Bittorrent is not compatible with this game. Try it with GetBanned v5.1. Maybe it works then.
            To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

We're actually still using GetBanned v1.0 - works pretty good :mrgreen:
              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
              X