No announcement yet.

Daemon tools v4 : availability ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Daemon Team works on a "WHEN READY" line... this means if someone find a bug 2 minutes before the release, there will be a delay. And it a damn good way of thinking.

I won't quote Xristaki, but I do agree with him.

In another word, if you want to have the right to rant, support the team.
    Carpe diem

Comment

Originally Posted by ic1male
      I've been biting my tongue here reading all the posts on this forum for the last three months. But I can't hold it any longer.

WHERE IS VERSION 4!!!

The problem with this software is that it has no competition. There is no-one else out there writing virtual drive software which emulates copy protection. This is why DT is taking so long to develop - the developers have nothing to worry about so they will take their sweet time.

I know if I was developing a piece of software that I cared about I would spend every waking hour making it work the way I wanted. I can only say that they must be treating it as a business piece of work rather than something they are truly interested in?

[/rant]

What you just said in your second paragraph contradicts what you said in the first. The devs ARE spending every waking hour making it work the way they want it too, hence why their polishing it and it not being released yet.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimFeist
        There's always suckups to the devs. Are you telling me that version 4 wasn't completed today or yesterday or last week? Why not release it? I know, because they don't feel like it. Yeah, you guys go have your lovefest with the devs. They'll love you for it.
        No it wasn't completed yesterday or even today hency why its not released. If you were a customer you'd know the reasons behind it.

As for waiting to recieve a free product, no I don't think your entitled to know 100% of the information. It might be the capatalist mentality in me that makes me think that way but it holds true.
        Last edited by Xristaki; 30.10.2005, 19:20.

Comment

one day .....

do you have valve member in your team ????
          ooopppsss

sorry ....it s a joke .

good job guy
          i will be patient ...

Comment

To those who keep whining about a release date:

Cry more, nubs.
            Sa...omai shidai da na.

Comment

Originally Posted by ano102
              c est vrai qu ecrire 3 lignes par semaine pr expliquer ou ils en sont par rapport a l echeance qu ils s etaient fixe fin octobre ne couterait pas bcq de temps ...
              ... in English please
              ... and who are YOU?

Comment

Look, you "ranters" are pissing me off. Shut up. If you don't like waiting, oh well. That's your damn problem. Let's the devs do there work. They have lives you know. They need...nay the
                deserve a break once in a while. If you don't like the way progress is going, then you can leave. Let's close the topic. This will lead to a flamewar. All because some jerl-offs cannot wait. If you can wait for your favorite game release, then you can wait for Daemon. This is suppose to be a suggestion forum. Not a bash the developers forum. Let them do their work. Flaming and bashing them will NOT make them work faster. Instead, it will make them wait longer. So either shut up and leave, or wait. It's your choice. In my eyes, you look like a total newbie.

Comment

A law of the videogames and applicable in this case:

"When it leaves the game on sale that you waited for you are not going it to remember during the rest of your life reason why I take in leaving, but if by good or the bad thing that it was the game"

Comment

Man.. can't someone just lock this topics? there are atleast 100 such topics: "When is the release date", "how longer should we wait?", "I want DT4?", "Are you gonna release it this month?", "Why is it taking too long?"

Cant all you people who post this get a LIFE?!
                    I mean i would understand if it was the third post or so...
                    but PLEASE! This is not the case! All dumasses that are posting this are the most stubborn once i have seen... and trust me: ive seen LOTS of them..

Best Regards,
                    Alexej Kubarev

Code Expert Nordic
                    Web: http://www.codexp.net

Comment

All thoes crazy people with no patience has definitely crossed the line.
                      Last edited by Methadon; 30.10.2005, 20:54.

Comment

You got that right...
                        Makes me wish i was moderating even this forum...
                        We had some problems like this at php-forum before... took a little while to make people search and read instead of just posting the same question all the time..

Best Regards,
                        Alexej Kubarev

Code Expert Nordic

Comment

you guys are a bit hypocritical !

all you guys that keep saying : wait and shut up , don't rant , etc , i think you are beeing just a bit hypocritical.
                          I think it's just as hard on you to wait as it is on the others , but you choose to say waiting it's easy , yeah sure go ahead delay the release another 2 weeks , i'm glad.
                          I think many of you are saying all that for people to think your just so relaxed and cooled but deep inside i think you're BURNING

I've been coming here for the last 2 or 3 months and i read all the posts from the anxious people that can't wait for DT4 to be realeased and i must say waiting has been very hard on me too.
                          But what can i do / say ? nothing !! i don't pay for DT and probably never will.
                          I'm not a programer but i think if DT4 were to be realesed right now with the tag "beta" "alpha" or even "technology preview" everyone will be happy and No one will blame the dev team for any bugs.

Are there really , in this stage of development , any CRITICAL bugs that would justify another delay ?

sorry for my bad english !

P.S. i just heard a stupid rumor that the DT4 dev team are negotiating with Starforce to release the software or not !
                          if starforce would give them enough money to cover any eventual DT pro sales , what financial reason would be to launch the software !??

But thats just a STUPID rumor !
                          Last edited by SubZero888; 30.10.2005, 22:59.

Comment

Well.. im affraid the case you've described doesnt apply to me..
                            I just hate people who cant wait and post all the time... i am moderating other forums and hate such people there...

Its what concerns me anyway..

Best Regards,
                            Alexej Kubarev

Code Expert Nordic

Comment

Originally Posted by SubZero888
                              all you guys that keep saying : wait and shut up , don't rant , etc , i think you are beeing just a bit hypocritical.
                              I think it's just as hard on you to wait as it is on the others , but you choose to say waiting it's easy , yeah sure go ahead delay the release another 2 weeks , i'm glad.
                              I think many of you are saying all that for people to think your just so relaxed and cooled but deep inside i think you're BURNING

I've been coming here for the last 2 or 3 months and i read all the posts from the anxious people that can't wait for DT4 to be realeased and i must say waiting has been very hard on me too.
                              But what can i do / say ? nothing !! i don't pay for DT and probably never will.
                              I'm not a programer but i think if DT4 were to be realesed right now with the tag "beta" "alpha" or even "technology preview" everyone will be happy and No one will blame the dev team for any bugs.

Are there really , in this stage of development , any CRITICAL bugs that would justify another delay ?

sorry for my bad english !

P.S. i just heard a stupid rumor that the DT4 dev team are negotiating with Starforce to release the software or not !
                              if starforce would give them enough money to cover any eventual DT pro sales , what financial reason would be to launch the software !??

But thats just a STUPID rumor !
                              Of course i am looking forward to try v4 & Pro, but I rather wait for a fully working release than to get some buggy version now.

I don't understand why people rat and attack the developers just because they released got delayed abit, that is just stupid and childish. They delayed the release because they tought that was necessary.

Why is it so hard for some pople to have some patiance?
                              Last edited by Methadon; 30.10.2005, 23:23.

Comment

And by the way: the releease is still not delayed as no hard deadline has been set

The deadline is very flexible..

Best Regards,
                                Alexej Kubarev

Code Expert Nordic

Comment

Working...
                                X