DT V4 X64 Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ManMountain
    Of course it works for me in x64. x64 is my primary and only os on this system.

Either Alcohol or CloneCD, it doesn't matter, take said image and convert it using ultraiso to .iso format, mount in Fantom and run virtualcdhide.
    I can confirm this works

Comment

Well, DT4 x64 is due a day or so ago, so I'd say discussing workarounds and other software should be unneccesary. We just need to get DT4 x64 released.

Comment

Originally Posted by darkcube
        I can confirm this works

ok...so what am i doin wrong? is it because i have 2 raid controller onboard? cant help ...but making an iso image , mounting it and hiding my virtual drive quite doesnt work...

may the force be with the daemon-team so that they can release the dt4 64bit edition this week...

Comment

When D-Tools v4 for X64 well be Release ?
          I hope Tonight or Tomorrow

Comment

Hey

Abit disappointed that the release date you stated before didnt include x64 - BUT i want DT - its a good program and better than any other solutions there are atm. its well worth the wait - just everyones getting more and more anxious -

Keep up the good work

DTx64 will be goooooooooooood.. :P

Comment

ah. x64-bit would be pretty useful, but until it comes i guess we all just have to wait here, and teiddle our thumbs....

or maybe not.

Onve the frustration of having to load up my games with my single DVD drive, and unable to use my images, I didn't want to mess with any other inferior programs, and fiddle with complicated work arounds, so I wondered:

"If only there is some way, i can still use my existing Daemon tool to load the image and maybe share it on the home network?"

wahey! Images i can use, and i don't have to use a x64-bit program!

I guess it pays to have a SFF Shuttle stuffed with an old Athlon XP as a backup PC on the Network with Daemon Tool v4 on it.

So, x64-bit Daemon Tool, please take your time, I just hate buggy releases...

Comment

Meanwhile I'm playing games on my fairly decent p4 system and my media center pc with marvel vs capcom 2 on chankast emulator.

Comment

I don't really see the point in that approach. I mean if you share out a network drive you lose all the copy protection emulation and just get the raw data. If all you want is the data you could just as easily use fantomDVD which works just fine for that. It's biggest draw back is the fact that it doesn't do anything with copy protection. But on the bright side at least you don't have to move over to another computer to mount/unmount images.

Comment

Just like to say I'm looking forward to the 64bit release of this fine tool. I suppose by adding a comment to this thread shows the software developers here that it warrants their time and effort in providing the 64bit version. I personally am mildly surprised at how many, like me, have made the transition to the 64bit OS. :wink:

Comment

phantom dvd

hi communitie,

i was checking the deamon tools site evry day, and i got tired of it so i was googling and i notice

http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php...st&id=1102iced a other program

is works great ofcours v4 daemon tools is better i think, bud it works, ( for ALL the hardcore gamers)

grtz from holland,
                      smoke weed evry day

Comment

Originally Posted by Coco
                        I don't really see the point in that approach. I mean if you share out a network drive you lose all the copy protection emulation and just get the raw data. If all you want is the data you could just as easily use fantomDVD which works just fine for that. It's biggest draw back is the fact that it doesn't do anything with copy protection. But on the bright side at least you don't have to move over to another computer to mount/unmount images.
                        true.

but then i have to find a copy of FantomDVD, install it then configure it, before running it up, taking more memory.

bah.

what a hassle.

Best use what i got already. :wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by SmOkiNjOe
                          Just like to say I'm looking forward to the 64bit release of this fine tool. I suppose by adding a comment to this thread shows the software developers here that it warrants their time and effort in providing the 64bit version. I personally am mildly surprised at how many, like me, have made the transition to the 64bit OS. :wink:
                          Oh yeah ts oI cant wait for the day it gets so i can put my cd's back in the safe

Comment

I tried those other versions but none of them mount .mdf files properly. I'll wait for Daemon x64 as well.

Comment

what's so good about MDF files anyway? why can't they stick with .ISO, or .img or the other exisiting and more generally used file types?

Comment

Originally Posted by onizuka-gto
                                what's so good about MDF files anyway? why can't they stick with .ISO, or .img or the other exisiting and more generally used file types?

.ISO images do not map not standard sectors which are used by many copy protection schemes. (I hope I am correct in this been a while since I looked it up.)

So for images of this type .MDF's are used and they have the .MDS with it which the media decscriptor file containing track and sector information.

But all in all .MDF's are just a glorified .ISO and if there is nothing overly special about the image, just rename it to .ISO and mount the thing or extract it.

Comment

Working...
                                X