Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• downloaded image...

OK I HAVE THE ANSWER!

I've been trying for ages to get Chaos Theory to work with my backup image and others i have sourced (snake's image)... and now i have got the answer!

mdf = 4.14GB
    mds = 38KB

My image and snake's both had a 5KB mds... THIS WAS THE PROBLEM.... if you search for SCCT.mds or SCCT mini image on gamecopyworld.com you'll be sure to find the mini image which contains the 38KB mds file...

make sure u type in the correct DVD key and it'll work...

OK HERE'S WHAT I DID:

1. Completely disconnect DVD drive from the computer (IDE and Power cables)

2. Mount snake's image with these files:

snake.mdf = 4.14GB
    snake.mds = 5KB

Mount with all emulation options ON and install the game

3. Reboot when the Starforce message box comes up (the one that tells u to reboot)

4. Unmount and turn off all emulation options

5. rename the snake mds file to something different, and rename the mini image mds to the snake image name:

snake.mdf =4.14GB
    snake.mds=5KB ---> swap (by renaming) with mini image.mds

mini image.mds=38KB

You will end up with something similar to this:

snake.mdf=4.14GB
    snake.mds=38KB (previously mini image.mds)

snake.mds.bup=5KB

6. mount the new snake.mds (38KB one) with DT4 (all emulation options off) and type in the key for the image...

Starforce will think for a minute about:

- DRM data on image
    - IDE drives (lack thereof)
    - scsi drives (emulator)

It will try to find Daemon tools 3.47 and Alcohol 120% SO MAKE SURE U DONT HAVE THEM INSTALLED! --- ONLY USE DT4

After a big thinking (hehe) it will close the starforce loading window and nothing will happen for a few seconds... then The SCCT SPALSH IMAGE WILL APPEAR!

ENJOY!

SUMMARY OF SOFTWARE:

- Emulators (SCSI Drives): ONLY DAEMON TOOLS 4!!!
    - IDE DRIVES: NONE ATTACHED!!! I have no hope in SFN or SFCure... just remove the drives COMPLETELY.

-WINXP32 SP2
    -No other Image/burning/emulator software [b]ONLY DT4[b]
    -As this was my first Starforce game i did not have the starforce drivers installed (coz of a recent format)... You can use that sfcleaner thing to remove the drivers if your attempt fails... Installing a SF game without SF already on the machine is probably not required to get the image working, but it may be a problem.

try it... i hope it works for you all... i know SF is a mess and is often different for different machines but... this is what i did and it worked....

SO REMEMBER:

-ONLY DT4
    -NO IDE DRIVES ATTACHED

mdf=4.14GB
    mds=38KB

ENJOY =)
    Last edited by Guest; 22.11.2005, 05:19.

I didn't ban him because he claims to have created an image himself (in addition to downloading the snake rip) and because he's never posted anything hinting at any illegal activities.

I tend to give users the benefit of the doubt. If anyone feels differently about this, go ahead and ban him.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
    X