sptd.sys kernel hooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sptd.sys kernel hooks

just to be clear, why the hooks? and the asociated hidden reg entries? can I get source code for this file? how do I know I'm safe leaving daemon installed and not removing these files/entries? and finally why is there no mention of this hooking elsewhere?

Im guessing the hooks are to prevent the detection of the emulation software, am I correct?

You know you're safe because of the long history of DAEMON Tools.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by drn8
      can I get source code for this file?
      No

Originally Posted by drn8
      how do I know I'm safe leaving daemon installed and not removing these files/entries?
      You can't, if you're unsure, please remove Daemon Tools completely from your system. Please check the "Common Problems and solutions-forum" how to uninstall every trace from Daemon Tools.

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
        You know you're safe because of the long history of DAEMON Tools.
        Not enough. uber lame answer. not to be trite and buzzwordish, but that's the same reason so many users installed sony's drm software. If you can't/won't provide documentation on exactly what is happening with these files this implies you have somthing to hide(well duh hidden files) and I would suggest that might be a hinderance to sales of your allegedly forthcoming commercial product.

throw be a bone, tell me what is going on here, anything else and it's obviously not benign as you claim.

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
          No

You can't, if you're unsure, please remove Daemon Tools completely from your system. Please check the "Common Problems and solutions-forum" how to uninstall every trace from Daemon Tools.

your bedside manner leaves much to be desired. as does your customer service. good luck with the whole commercialization thing, with public relations like this I'm sure you will go far(sarcasm).

Comment

Working...
          X