AMD 64 failure!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD 64 failure!!!

about 2 months ago i tried to install DT 4, or whatever the most current at the time was, its long gone, so i have no files that can tell me what it was

I was running a AMD 64, DT didnt work, obviously i was told it didnt run on a 64 bit system, now i try to install the new 64 bit version and i get an error that says

"the platform is not supported"

is this a common problem that can be fixed?

or could all my troubles be caused by my...um...lets just say...version of windows that should have stopped working....30 days after instalation....

You're just using the wrong version if you get that notification...
    Are you sure you've got 64 bits Windows? (check "Control Panel"\"System")

If you do, you didn't download DT X64

Comment

Originally Posted by Timmeh!
      You're just using the wrong version if you get that notification...
      Are you sure you've got 64 bits Windows? (check "Control Panel"\"System")

If you do, you didn't download DT X64

Thats right you need..
      1. 64 bit chip
      2. Windows XP X64 Installed
      3. DT4 X64 version

The error message you are getting would suggest you have a 32 bit version of windows installed - or the wrong version of dt4 - bear in mind the x64 version has only been out for a week or so.

Lance
      Acronis Beta Tester

Comment

great

I appreciate the comments, which, along with being oversaid by several threads, still don't help me

what part of the last version I used didn't work do you people not understand?????

NO VERSION HAS WORKED, NONE, NIL, NIHIL, NUL, ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH, CERO, μηδέν (its greek), нул (this one is russian), NULLPUNKTS (latvian), PODESITI (serbian), must i continue???

Comment

Sheesh, if you're that hard up for x64 Windows, go download the 120-day trial from MS. Hacking your OS so you don't have to buy it is a really stupid idea, as you have no idea what those hacks do to your system. It's only about $150 US to buy a copy of Windows XP x64 after the 120 days, so it's not like it'll break the bank.

Comment

omg

Originally Posted by Jito463
            Sheesh, if you're that hard up for x64 Windows, go download the 120-day trial from MS. Hacking your OS so you don't have to buy it is a really stupid idea, as you have no idea what those hacks do to your system.
            First off, i really dislike the whole tone you have going there, as if I'm a retard of sorts...
            a)nobody ever said i was hard up for anything, and putting word in peoples mouths is really stupid when i can quote it from 3 threads above where you are now
            Second, between the two of us, your the retard because
            b) its not hacking, its called using a crack
            c) cracks are specifically designed to only do one thing and to leave all else completely intact
            d)therefore, it would be the windows program I'm using, not the crack, which is believable...

all i have left to say is this, either post something USEFUL or dont waste your time or mine...it can only prove how incredibly foolish you are

Comment

Sheesh, if you're that hard up for x64 Windows, go download the 120-day trial from MS. Hacking your OS so you don't have to buy it is a really stupid idea, as you have no idea what those hacks do to your system.
              First off, i really dislike the whole tone you have going there, as if I'm a retard of sorts...
              a)nobody ever said i was hard up for anything, and putting word in peoples mouths is really stupid when i can quote it from 3 threads above where you are now
              c) cracks are specifically designed to only do one thing and to leave all else completely intact
              d)therefore, it would be the windows program I'm using, not the crack, which is believable...

all i have left to say is this, either post something USEFUL or dont waste your time or mine...it can only prove how incredibly foolish you are

and to those who were somewhat helpful, although you seem to miss the fact the last version i installed didnt work, as to what version of windows it says i hve under my system info, it says windows xp, pro version,2002 edition, SP1

Comment

and to those who were somewhat helpful, although you seem to miss the fact the last version i installed didnt work, as to what version of windows it says i hve under my system info, it says windows xp, pro version,2002 edition, SP1

Comment

a)nobody ever said i was hard up for anything, and putting word in peoples mouths is really stupid when i can quote it from 4 threads above where you are now

Comment

a)nobody ever said i was hard up for anything, and putting word in peoples mouths is really stupid when they can quote it from 4 threads above where you are now

and to those who were somewhat helpful, although you seem to miss the fact the last version i installed didnt work, as to what version of windows it says i have under my system info, it says windows xp, pro version,2002 edition, SP1

Comment

Working...
                    X