nothing happens, again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nothing happens, again...

2 months ago i set a thread asking what to do since "nothing happened" when i would try to run whatever i had mounted on my virtual drives, since im running a 64 bit processor, people assumed i was using a 64 bit OS, which aparently isnt the case, since the x64 DT isnt even supported
    "the platform is not supported"

I am therefore back exactly where I left off, without any program that works, which obviously why I am here, again...
    now, to spell it out nice and simple..

when I try to use my drives, NOTHING HAPPENS, my comp acts like its gonna do something, my cpu fan revs up to about 70%, and then, NOTHING...

this time when people post replys, I dont want people acting like im some kind of idiot, and putting words in my mouth, which is a stupid thing to do on a continuous thread
    ~~if you dont know who you are, it proves my point even more

Would be a good start if you'd tell what you expect to happen after mounting an image.
    If some kind of autorun/autoplay won't start, check if related settings and especially auto insert notification (AIN) are enabled.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Re: nothing happens

2 months ago the latest version of DAEMON Tools was not available. What version is installed on your system?

Your problem seems to be related to Auto Insert Notification but I would turn on both drive type Autorun and Auto Insert Notification (AIN).

This program relates to Autorun, but you might as well try it if you're interested (I don't think this program changes AIN settings):
      autofix.exe (Autoplay Repair Wizard) from microsoft downloads

Can you browse the contents of mounted images using windows explorer (or by using 'dir' on the command line)?

Originally Posted by Nemetacyst26
      when I try to use my drives, NOTHING HAPPENS
      Do you mean when you double click the drive letter of a virtual drive in My Computer that the launching screen for a game does not pop up on the screen?
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

well

im trying to run HomeWorld 2 if that helps at all

it mounts fine, installs fine, and the startup screen with the options of playing, browsing the cd, etc comes up just fine and dandy too

when i try to play it

NOTHING HAPPENS

does that help?

and im still really hating how you people tend to talk down to those who have problems, or is it just to me, i mean honestly, how hard is "NOTHING HAPPENS when i try to use my drives" to understand

and what does it matter what version i was using, im not stupid enough to not try EVERY version on this site, and a few my friends have that work...

Comment

Ok, HW2 is protected by SecuROM v4.8x/v5 - so it requires image with DPM data - what image file type do you use and how did you create the image? In case of inappropriate image SecuROM sometimes just does nothing, i.e. no "Insert correct cd" or similar message occurs.
          And if you start another new thread about this, your time on this board is over! I deleted the new thread.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

hmmm

I'm using an iso file, i dont know what it was made from, i got it from a friend, but it works on his comp

and I only made other threads when I didn't think they were getting through, my comp does stuff like that sometimes...more i need to fix...I'm sry, but the delay of it posting seemed so long that i thought it never made it, or is the delay me too?
            I'd believe it...

i have since realized my mistake, within a different thread, its not going to be happening again...sry again, but next time, just ask/tell, dont threaten me, im here for help, not for lectures, unless they are helpful lectures
            Last edited by Nemetacyst26; 06.12.2005, 04:07.

Comment

Aaahhhh

THERES NO DELAY NOW

IM SO CONFUSED!!!!

its definately my comp then, sry again

Comment

the forum is moderated

Its because this forum is moderated for users under 20 posts. I see that you currently have 23 posts.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

lol

too bad something like 8 of those were accident double posts....lol...

that does explain it though...
                  but my problem is still here...

because i only have a vauge idea of what im looking for in the file...please explain in a little more detail, and how i may be able to fix it
                  Last edited by Nemetacyst26; 06.12.2005, 02:41.

Comment

Try making an image file with a different program. I'd recommend Alcohol 120% or Blindwrite (use another program than what you used last time-even if you have to download a trial version). And see Copytrooper's suggestions above to create a good working image of your disc.
                    the modern world:
                    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

im trying to run HomeWorld 2 if that helps at all
                      I'm using an iso file, i dont know what it was made from, i got it from a friend, but it works on his comp
                      next time, just ask/tell, dont threaten me, im here for help, not for lectures, unless they are helpful lectures
                      How's this for a helpful lecture. Warez is not allowed, supported or condoned on this forum. Wrong place to get support. Take it to another forum, or better yet buy the game and make an image yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X