Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with playing Pro Evo 5

Hi Folks,

great site - very impressed with some ppls knowledge.

I have a problem, which im sure youll be able to sort for me: I have pro evolution 5 as a .ISO file, and downloaded daemon tools to play it as I dont have a DVD burner. So I installed it, mounted it, and installed it. When I click on play, it says "wrong disc inserted".

Anyone know how to get around this?

Muchos gratias

Originally Posted by jamie rodgers
    Hi Folks,

great site - very impressed with some ppls knowledge.

I have a problem, which im sure youll be able to sort for me: I have pro evolution 5 as a .ISO file, and downloaded daemon tools to play it as I dont have a DVD burner. So I installed it, mounted it, and installed it. When I click on play, it says "wrong disc inserted".

Anyone know how to get around this?

Muchos gratias
    You will have re-create the image with Alcohol 120% and make it a mds/mdf filetype.
    A ISO file doesn't contain enough information to work with the latest copy protections.

Comment

cheers mate.
      I downloaded alcohol 120% and created the .iso file as a .mds (i think, not 100% sure how to use it) however it seems to have worked. I saved it to my desktop. I then mounted the .mds image to a vitrual drive, and installed it the game. When I click on play, it still says "wrong disc inserted" :-(

any ideas?
      cheers

Comment

Which read options did enable? You'll need to enable the dpm (Data Postition Measurement) option with high precision and a slow read speed. Then it should work. If not use SR7Stop 1.2.
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I tried it will no options and all options on - will this make it not work?
          I could try it with just the 3 you mentioned?
          also, what's SR7Stop 1.2? cheers mate

Comment

I only wanted to know what read options you enabled when you read the mds image with Alcohol. You need to enable the dpm info with high precision and slow read speed (2x-4x).
            SR7Stop is an Antiblacklisting tool which you'll need to get images of Securom 7 games for example to work.
            This tool will hide the vitual drives. The new Copyprotections like Securom 7 and Safedisk 4 blacklist the scsi controllers and Daemon-Tools and Alcohol use a scsi controller to create their virtual drives, so you need SR7Stop to hide the virtual Drives, if you don't do this the game wouldn't start. I don't know if this tool is required for Securom 5 (Pro Evolution Soccer 5 is Scurom 5 protected) but you can try it. I think that it isn't really required but it's no work to try it and if it isn't required you don't need to use it.

Comment

thanks for helping mate - patience is appreicated!
              ill try creating the mds image again doing it at 2x speed this time. How do I enable the dpm info though?

Comment

Start the Image Making wizard of Alcohol and enable the Data Position Measurement with high precision. See this screenshot for help:
                http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/5025/clipboard15yw.jpg
                Choose 1x,2x or 4x for the dpm speed.
                http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/4817/clipboard21xv.jpg
                The normal reading speed can be faster than 2x.

Comment

so do i need to mount the .iso image onto a drive before I start? if not, how do I get the file to appear under session etc?
                  also, what version of alchol you got? cause when I open mine it aint got the DPM check box unless i select one of my real drives (which i cannot obviously use as a virtual drive)

HELP!!!

To be honest, i really need a step by step guide on how to do the whole process - i aint got a clue. Is there one about?

thanks mate, appreicate it.

Comment

If you're trying to mount the ISO in Daemon Tools and then create an mds/mdf from it with Alcohol: forget it, that won't work. You'll have to create it from your original disc.

Methadon said it in the first reply: ISO doesn't contain enough information for copy protections to work. You can't just add the information again out of nowhere by creating another image from the ISO...
                    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

i see, so theres no way at all I can play this game without the original disc?

Comment

Originally Posted by Kitna
                        There is a way but it involves creating a working image from the original disc in the first place.
                        Unless you downloaded the .iso (which would be bad) you must have created it somehow initially.

Even hinting at illegal activity is stupid.
                        Not really
                        You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
                        sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Originally Posted by Mystique
                          Not really
                          What exactly are you replying to?
                          Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

So who should be banned here? jamie rodgers, yeah... mystique too?
                            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

vote

I'm neutral on the issue.
                              the modern world:
                              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                              X