Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StarForce Copy Protection Fatal Error

Hi,
    This is my first time playing any game with StarForce protection, and I seem to get a strange error when I play Prince of Persia: Two Thrones.

Any ideas?
    I'm running Windows XP Media Center Edition if that helps.

Update: I found a file on the DVD image called "amir.exe" (the protection file?). I get the exact same error when I try to open that file even if the game isn't installed.
    Last edited by ShocWave; 15.12.2005, 10:44.

Ditto

Hey, thanks for posting the screenshot - I get the same exact thing here (Win2K). Just wasted 3 hours trying to figure out why unplugging the drive didn't help, while this really looks like a fux0red DVD image (corrupt files?)

FYI, mine was released by mirror.

The same error message does appear if you simply run amir.exe from the mounted image directly. Shit happens...

Oh, and one more thing (unrelated) - do not EVER install a supposed no cd crack from CORE. This is a trojan and it will dump a half dozen spyware apps on your box, though it doesn't attempt to hiding doing so.

Comment

I'm going to try the CD version tomorrow.
      If that still doesn't work, then my computer must be anti-StarForce or something...

Comment

No Warez Discuss in this Forum, this is for you both.

Leeching the CD Version will not be solve your Problem. Throw your PC out of the Window, cancel your ISP and buy you a learn Computer for Kids Age 3+ !!!

An Angry Mystique
        You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
        sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Working...
        X