Error: Daemon not detecting needed image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: Daemon not detecting needed image

The error that im getting is from attempting to play the game "Shattered Union".

The zip file that I downloaded went straight into a folder File labeled "Shattered Union".

After unzipping the file using WinRar I recieved the following:

Shattered Union DvD.mdf
    Shattered Union DvD.mds

Using Daemon Tools I have attempted to install and play the game. I have successfully mounted the .mds file and I have used that to fully install the game onto my hardrive. If I mount this image the pre-game screen pops up asking to play the game. As soon as I click "Play Shattered Union" I recieve an error message:

Wrong disc inserted.
    Please insert the original "Shattered Union" CD/DVD

Im assuming that the .mdf file is the image needed to mount for the game to recognize the original CD/DVD (the playable CD). However, I do not know. When I attempt to mount the .mdf image using Daemon Tools I am unable to see the file in the appropriate folder.

My computer knowledge being limited I have only been able to figure out two problems.

1. Either the file downloaded was incomplete and im missing some kind of program/file/something (although the actual game file has all the needed files).

2. Or there is some kind of problem with Daemon Tools... either user error or otherwise. Or perhaps Im not even using the right program or something.

After writing all of this an idea just dawned on me. The file's say DVD and I do not have a DVD drive on my computer, just a CD Drive. Although I wouldnt think this a problem because im using Daemon Tools, however, im not exactly sure what it exactly Daemon Tools does so im completely lost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Working...
X