Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starcraft Brood War Troubles

I'm fairly new to this so here I go.

I own Brood War and Starcraft, I want to play Brood War with my brother over LAN. As it is, we can only play the original because that's the version both discs have. So I researced copying discs.

I found ISOs. I downloaded from FileHippo, CD BurnerXP Pro 3 and DAEMON Tools v4.00.

I put Brood War into the disc drive and opened CD Burner XP Pro 3. I Then labeled the ISO image BROODWAR, the same as the name of the disc, and then created an ISO with all the files from the BROODWAR disc in it. Then I opened up DAEMON Tools and mounted this ISO image to CD Drive I (Virtual).

Then I clicked on the virtual Drive and the game autplayed. I hit "Play Starcraft: Brood War"

That's when things went wrong.
    I received this error:
    Title: Date File Error
    Contents: Starcraft is unable to read a required file. Your Starcraft CD may not be in the CDROM drive. Please ensure that the Starcraft Disc is in the CDROM drive and press OK. Tp leave the program, press Exit.

Now I'm stuck, this is the limit of my knowledge/understanding.
    I do know that there are different copy protections... is it possible I don't have the right ISO maker, one that can't handle Brood War properly, or is the problem with DAEMON Tools? Or is the problem that the game is looking for the disc in the wrong drive? Can I point it to the right one somehow?

Thanks in advance for any help that is given. (I hope I didn't break any rules posting this, I read the forum descriptions and this seemed the best fit)

Originally Posted by DarkPredator
    I found ISOs. I downloaded from FileHippo, CD BurnerXP Pro 3 and DAEMON Tools v4.00.
    That's all we need to hear.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
    X