Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gt Legends Image and DT 4.00 (Nforce 4 MB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gt Legends Image and DT 4.00 (Nforce 4 MB)

GT Legends (Applies to Demo also) - Protected by Starforce 3.6.10.06

This is what I had to do to run this game. It may be more information than you need or want but it all factors into my eventual success.

First off, it is worth noting that I have an NForce4 MB, which means the Starf*&k and Staforce Nightmare tools are not necessary.
    This is apparent after reading the below quote from the DT Forum:

A special note for nForce 3/4 users

The IDE controller that is used on nForce 3/4-based motherboards cannot be directly addressed by today's copy protections;
    as a result, SCSI blacklists don't work on those systems. If you are fortunate enough to have an nForce 3/4-based system,
    you should be able to run all the latest SafeDisc-, SecuROM- and StarForce-protected games with your IDE CD/DVD drives
    plugged in and working. Edit: This doesn't always seem to work, and sometimes it works only with some copy protections.

(You can read the above thread in it''s entirety here: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/show...doesn%27t+work )

The same forum, though, also says the following:

The combination of nForce 4, SATA, StarForce 3 and Daemon Tools v4 leads to a reboot. We know this and are investigating it.

(Again, you can read the above thread in it''s entirety here: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/show...SATA+StarForce)

But, the statement that having an Nforce 3/4 blocks current protection schemes is apparently only valid if you are running the Nvidia IDE Drivers, not the native Windows IDE drivers. This also is what negates the need for the usual Star Force tools mentioned above. I was a little hesitant to install the Nvidia IDE Drivers, as many reported nothing but grief and problems running them. So, I installed Version 6.70 for XP of the Nvidia IDE Drivers. Absolutely no problems during the install, or as of this time. Also, I am running one SATA drive and several PATA drives; it is necessary to put the image file on an SATA drive and also install the game to an SATA drive. The reason why is that you will have to disable all of your PATA IDE devices. Many have had to do this by actually unplugging the power or ribbon cables but with Nforce3/4, this is not necessary!

The first thing to do is remove all traces of SF from your sustem, from any other previous attempts to install and run games protected by it? Star Force makes a tool I used to accomplish this, obtainable here:

Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! onlinesecurity-on.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf onlinesecurity-on.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Make sure your virtual drive letter is the first free one after all physical drives. I am not sure if this is necessary, but I read of others doing so and so I did the same. I could not achieve success with Alcohol, but DT 4.00 worked, with all Emulation options turned on.

Go into Windows Hardware Device Manager and find the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers selection; you will see "Nvidia NForce 4 Parallel ATA Controller" - right-click it and select disable. You will have to reboot.

Mount and install the game using DT 4.00 - remember, install it to your SATA drive. Move a copy of your image file to same SATA drive.

After installing, run the game. You may get a crash and reboot or the BSOD? If not, the game will want to reboot to check the Star Force protection. Go ahead and reboot.

After rebooting, either by choice or by crash, you must run the following update, referred to as "Star Force Fix"

Another reboot will be triggered. Running the game again from your DT 4.00 virtual drive, you will be asked for your Key. (FFMGU-HA34Y-V8ABF-VUN3Y-SCTRP) Type it in and it will check the disk ... could take some time but you shoud be able to play now!

(When done playing, you will have to re-enable your PATA IDE controller.)
Working...
X