Experiencing Strange Problems with Civ4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiencing Strange Problems with Civ4

Been playing civ4 since release and it has been working perfectly with anti-blaxx+alcohol, but on the 22nd my exams finished and i had to bring my rig home. My computer crashed when i brought it home and I was forced to reformat. I reinstalled all the tools and drivers i use, and grabbed 3 versions of civ4; however now i just cant get it to run(the no cd detected error/caption keeps poping up).

I've used Antiblaxx, sd4hide, daemontools, alcohol120, and even disconnected all cd-drives. None of the combinations of the above work with any of the 3 versions.

Any help would be much appreciated; my holiday break is going to waste... =(

I have read all of the Civ4 related threads here, however none of the advice in them helps.

I'm considering reformating again... but would like a second opinion or two before i do.

Comment

Originally Posted by Kore
      I reinstalled all the tools and drivers i use, and grabbed 3 versions of civ4; however now i just cant get it to run(the no cd detected error/caption keeps poping up).
      Looks like you've shot yourself in the foot, as it were. Read the sticky at the top of this forum -- warez is not supported here. If you want help you can pick up a copy of the game, dump an image of it, and then try asking for help.

Comment

interesting considering 99% of the dtool users use it for warez. Though one may deny it, it's truly just a formality; one i prefer to skip.

Comment

Working...
        X