Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use?

Hello there...

First off, I want to apologize to anyone who reads this for my utter and complete cluelessness regarding this utility.

My situation is thus: I own a copy of Civilization III Complete of which I have lost disk 1 required to play (after foolishly neglecting to make a copy)

1) Is daemon even what I think it is? That is, can it let me play the game without the disk?

2) If so, how can I use it? A walkthrough or something

Again, I apologize for the baseness of this question - I am simply just very clueless.

Thanks

Nick

sorry dude i think your screwed.

i am new to this also so i hope i am right.

the use of this program is to play games without having to load the cd everytime.
    1- one would make an image of the first cd(in most cases that are needed)onto their harddrive,.iso....etc.

2- then one would use this daemon to make VIRTUAL drives,like when you goto "my computer" and see the C:drive,dvd drive...etc.it would make a drive there that isnt really an extra drive on your pc tower,then with the image that one made (from up at 1-)they would put that into this "fake" drive and it would be like the cd was in a cd drive ready to play.

so without cd 1 you cant make an image first off.
    if you have the game installed already you may not need cd 1 to play,maybe 2 or 3 will work.so you can do this deamon thing with 2 or 3 if you can play it that way,but you cant ever uninstall the game because you need cd1 to install.

i hope i am right about this,feel free to correct me any1.

good luck namann.

Comment

Its a Virtual SCSI CD/DVD-Rom that will let you play Games from a Proper made Image like Alcohol Images etc.

You need Full Backup of the play CD on newer games, Old Games like Civ3 will maybe work with Mini Images. You can take a look on Gamecopyworld.com for Mini Images.

Okay, here comes the Walktrough: DL the latest v. of D-Tools (4.03 only XP/2000) and install it, it will reboot your system during install. Okay when its finished you will have a tray icon in the right corner, left click on it and choose Device 0, now a window will appear where you can choose the Image or Mini Image. After this you will see under Workplace (called right?) a new DVD/CD Device that looks like your Civ3 Play CD. Now you can play the Game. When you right click on the tray icon you will have a little GUI for other (self explaining) Options.

Hope this helps, otherwise post.
      You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
      sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Working...
      X