Mounted Images not "activated"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounted Images not "activated"

The bug/problem: I have a software package stored on a couple of bin/cue images (Adobe Creative Suite). I am experiencing something very bad when I try to install this. First, I have NEVER EVER had ANY problems with daemon tools. It always worked like a charm up until now. The software I am trying to install are 4 CD images. When I mount the first image everything works just fine. But when the install program asks me to insert next cd and I mount the next image the image isnt loaded somehow. Daemon Tools doesnt complain or anything. The only thing that happends is that it changes the title of my virtual DVD unit in My Computer from "dvd-unit" to "cd-unit". The actual contents of the image is unaccessable. The only solution is to reboot. If I try to load the same cd image now that caused previous trouble it works just fine! But again, when I try to reinstall and am asked for the next cd by the install program the next cd image I load doesnt load - I never get any errors or anything. It just doesnt load. Ive been at it all day and no success on solving it. Keep in mind Ive never had any problems before and Ive installed alot of different software in exactly the same manner.

The REAL wierd thing about this is that at some occasions the next CD did load... and started installing. But before the installation process was finnished my computer froze up and completely crashed. I have a fairly stable/clean install of XP - its never crashed so far and I put my system to serious strain all the time. This is just odd that daemon tools would cause my system to crash.

Operating System: XP SP2
    Version of Daemon-Tools: 4.03HE
    ALL burning software or other cd emulation software: Nero 7

Finally I had to give up and I am currently burning all 4 images to actual cd's. Arrg, the pain! : :wink:

If he's burning his images to CDs rather than using his original, that strongly suggests the latter don't exist. Bye.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
    X