Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote on the Best Theme

Please vote on which theme is best!

I always thought the Daemon Tools people were smart because they knew not to make bright backgrounds that could damage the human eye. Now we have this voting thing and ignorant people are voting for the ice theme. I have purchased special screens to go over the front of all our monitors to protect us from this, but not many others do or even know about the danger.
    It is a medical fact that over time you are going to damage your eyes if you look at web pages and programs that have too much white light coming through.
    It is like a lesser form of staring at the sun, but will permanently damage your eyes over time just the same.
    How did this hard won knowledge from back in the 70's get lost somehow??? This is getting very bad and wide spread. 8)
    IMHO
    isepiq

Comment

What a crap! Read this!
      And two little things:
      1. Do NOT double post!
      2. Daemon Tools ppl are smart - they know that white internet pages and programs do NOT damage human eyes! :mrgreen:
      And btw - do NOT read books! The white paper reflects real sunlight!!! It damages your eyes!!! :roll:
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
        What a crap! Read this!
        And two little things:
        1. Do NOT double post!
        2. Daemon Tools ppl are smart - they know that white internet pages and programs do NOT damage human eyes! :mrgreen:
        And btw - do NOT read books! The white paper reflects real sunlight!!! It damages your eyes!!! :roll:
        1. I have been computing since 1979, and ran my own EBBS for 10 years. I have been programming and building 'puters ever since.

2. The first monitors to come out back then all defaulted to a white background.

3. Around two years later there was a huge class-action law suit, mainly by office/professional people who had had their eyes damaged. This was medically verfied.

4. The people that filed the lawsuit WON. There was not even 1 appeal to the case because the scientific/medical documentation/proof was so strong.

5. The industry then came out with 'green screen' & 'amber screen" monitors in record time. These both had black backgrounds with colored text.

6. When full color montors came out, many medical studies were done to avoid any more lawsuites. Turns out black or muted backgrounds with color text and graphics was the best choice for the human eye.

7. Office Depot & Fry's Electronics and others sell screens that hang over the front of your monitor too protect you from 2 things.

A. Radiation
        B. GENERATED white light (from your monitor)

Symptoms of starig at a mainly white background monitor:

Headaches, eyestrain, fatigue, blurred vision, a white or fuzzy look to everything for several minutes to hours, depending on how much you have been doing this.

8. Even AFTER the green amber and full color monitors came out, The IBM Corporation and many makers of cad programs still kept the dark backgound with multi-color text and graphics.

9. To this day, I have never seen any new medical studies showing that it is now ok to subject your eyes to generated white light from a monitor.

10. There was another class action law-suit by people working in 'offset' printing shops. The light table they used generated a white lite EXACTLY like our monitors do. They WON, and this case was never appealed either. Many of these people also suffered permanent damage to their eyes.

11. Fry's has some cheapie monitor screens that do a fine job for $15 to $25 dollars, depending on the size you need. If you disagree with the information I have tried to share with you here to help you to make your eyes last as long as possible, then go tell all those stores they do not need to sell the screens.

12. If you are saying that I doubled, it was a bug in your bulletin board proggie, and not done purposely by myself.

13. Lastly, when you read a paperback book, you are only seeing subdued REFLECTED light. Just as it is perfectly fine and safe to stare at the girls and such at the beach, but NOT directly at the SUN!!! Big difference there.

IMHO
        isepiq 8)

P.S. It can take a very short time, OR a very long time (years) for the damage done to start showing up. You are just plaing Russian Roulette, only in this instance, the gun is fully loaded.
        IMHO
        isepiq

Comment

I'm fed up with this bullshit :roll:
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
          X