Star Wars: Empire at War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars: Empire at War

I've created this thread to discuss the problem with the message "Original disc could not be found or authenticated", when trying to play Empire at War, and ONLY that problem.

Please post suggestions, questions and solutions.

P.S.: I also have this stupid problem.

I get the same error message as you no matter what I try.

I made an image of the DVD using Alcohol 120% 1.9.5

Then I tried to run the sweaw.exe using CureROM 1.3.1

When that failed, I tried CureROM with Daemontools 4.03HE.

When that failed I tried using SecuROM Loader by itself and also in conjunction with CureROM.

I've tried running in Windows 2000 compatibility mode as well as no compatibility.

I have tried to launch of the launcher file as well as the GameData file.

NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I get the error "Original Disc could not be found or authenticated".

Should I try making the image disc with BlinWrite? Any suggestions? (I've gone through all 7 pages in the other thread under Copy Protection.

Comment

Your image is bad, try to recreate it or download a mds file which contains correct DPM infos and replace your own mds file with the downloaded mds file.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

maybe you should tell, how you created the image, then we would be able to help you

Comment

Well, I can tell that I don't have an original DVD, and that I cannot burn it down on a DVD because I don't have a DVD burner.

I downloaded the image file.

Comment

I had the same problem you did. I am using dt4 with Curerom1.3

The magic number was 10 seconds for me on the settings. and let it sit there awhile even after you get a messege saying Original disc could not be found or authenticated, and it might start after 20-30 seconds. It did for me

Comment

Working...
            X