Problems with cracking F.E.A.R.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with cracking F.E.A.R.

Well, if any of you have tried to bypass the security of F.E.A.R. with daemon, you've probably failed.
    If not, then I hope you have a solution for me.

I have the UK version, and I recently updated to v1.3 (Because I had to update in order to play online in good servers) But as my luck would have it, V1.3 is pretty new, and there are no Game fixes for it. Latest they have is V1.2, and the game crashes if that is used. (Before it actually starts)

When I mount it, and try to play it I get this error "Emulator detected!
    Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software"

I've had all the emulation options turned on, and its not working. I've tried StarForce nightmare, and disabled my CD and Node, but either one of those it requires it to check the CD.

Any help?

You need antiblacklisting tool for securom 7.Try CureROM , Securom 7 Stop or Securom 7 Loader

Comment

Ok, do you know where I can get that, and also what I should do with it exactly?

Comment

Ok, I got it and tried it.
        It now couldnt find the original executable, although it was mounted by daemon.
        I've tried everything, you cannot disable the securty modual from starting or else the program wont start. and if you use daemon, it knows. no way to bypass this >.<

Comment

I got a working solution for v1.2 and 1.3.

v 1.2:

1. disable CD and Node using StarForce Nightmare
          2. mount mini-image from gamecopyworld with deammon tools
          3. disable ALL cd-devices in Windows Device Manager; leave only the device where your mini-image is mounted
          4. run the game

v 1.3:
          same setting as above but use SecuRom 7 Loader to run the game executable

This solution worked for me hope it does for you too.

Comment

This doesn't work. 1. Why I should disable cd-devices in Windows Device Manager if I did it before with StarForce Nightmare? Isn't it the same? 2. When I try to start FEAR I get the message "security tool cannot be loaded" and then from SecuRom 7 Loader: "unable to get secret value".

Comment

try to turn all emulation options off... the point of EMULATION detection...

Comment

rpg711, that's not what emulation detection is about. Daemon Tools' emulation options are for copies on CD-R or DVD+-R only, they will be set automatically for images. It does not matter whether these options are activated or not.
                "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Hi, I recently posted about F.E.A.R. and its copy protections. On how it was difficult to crack.
                  OK, this thread gets moved
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                  X