Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by kingdazy
    WHat am I missing?
    Must you be a certain user class to use avatars?
    Everyone seems to have them, but my userCP will not let me add one....
    It's because of the Daemon's Cabal. Unless you know the secret handshake and perform our ancient rituals, we won't let you have an avatar!

(Or try the shortcut, which is posting about 20 useful posts.)
    To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Ah. Typical of the shrouded and veiled upper-crusts of disk emulation societes. Can I pledge for the fraternity?

Or yeah, I guess a few more posts... though usefull? Doubtfull.

Comment

Originally Posted by kingdazy
        Ah. Typical of the shrouded and veiled upper-crusts of disk emulation societes. Can I pledge for the fraternity?

Or yeah, I guess a few more posts... though usefull? Doubtfull.
        Must not even be usefull :wink: This is to avoid waste resources
        to people that post 1-2 postings and add avatar - as if they
        are using our board on a regular basis. If someone posted 20
        posts, we consider him/her as a regular user. atm, we have
        ~38000 users, imagine what will happen if everyone use
        avatars. Beside that, you're right, we are the shrouded and
        veiled upper-crusts of disk emu-society

Comment

Well, all I can say, is, thanks for considering the hide / show link, and thanks for increasing the avatar back - now mine does not get scrunched up into a mono-framed image :P
          http://www.calendarofupdates.com | http://sevenforums.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by Kinlaadare
            Imho, images in signature isn't a really good idea... It's the best way to get a damn heavy and slow website...

edit : besides, it's only what I think
            I know this, I just asked, thx any answer/help.

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
              we have
              ~38000 users, imagine what will happen if everyone use
              but what if you just let users use a link to their avaters then you wouldn't have trouble.....right????

Comment

but the website where is the link will have trouble... especially if there is only a low brandwidth.
                Carpe diem

Comment

but that wouldn't be your problem right???? and how much of their speed could be lost by just getting one picture ?
                  and it isn't illigal to link to other sites right

Comment

"but that wouldn't be your problem right????"
                    Wrong.
                    I think it is nice to see some one caring about others, and it is the way forums work. You have a problem; someone in a forum will spend time for you. It is not "fraternity", it is basic (good) education, on the whole web.
                    Why having "avatars" is so important? I doubt that the daemon programmers are legions, and I am sure that any minutes of their working time is best used for the v4 and the Pro version. It is no game to produce something so highly expected, and they have to exceed expectations if they want to stay within their standards.

And if really you want to have your "avatars", then say "but that IS my problem right????" and help out others on this forum if you have the competencies for that. After some helpful posts, you will have your virtual toy, good for maintaining high your pride and ego

Comment

I just love avatars, I think that a lot of the(maybe almost everybody) people here are using msn/mercury/yahoo/mIRC or atleast one of those chatprograms , so why do you think they let you use your own pictures etc, and why do you think almost everybody is using this option?? because everybody want's to express her/his self, that's why "we" want to use it also on this site (or atleast that's why I want to use it ) And besides it just lookes cool
                      Nothing is real in this world, only your fantasy represents the truth

Comment

Working...
                      X