Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by sfkilla23
    Follow this little summary guide on the link below
    In case you are unable to change or rename the cdrom.sys file because of permissions, this is how to get full control of the file:

- Right click on the file (cdrom.sys)
    - Select properties/security/advanced/owner/edit/other users & groups
    - Enter you user name or administrators ( now you are the owner of the file )
    - After that you give yourself full control in permissions
    - Than rename or change the file and reboot

how change this cdrom.sys safe or normal mode boot ?
    Last edited by IronMask; 29.09.2006, 09:52.

Comment

Can someone post there original 5728 cdrom.sys. I did forget to bacup mine

Comment

Originally Posted by IronMask
        In case you are unable to change or rename the cdrom.sys file because of permissions, this is how to get full control of the file:

- Right click on the file (cdrom.sys)
        - Select properties/security/advanced/owner/edit/other users & groups
        - Enter you user name or administrators ( now you are the owner of the file )
        - After that you give yourself full control in permissions
        - Than rename or change the file and reboot

haw change this cdrom.sys safe or normal mode boot ?
        Don't need to do this in safe mode...it works in normal mode too, You need to be administrator
        http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

hey everyone, i've had most of all these issues and am getting close. I went ahead and did exactly everything on that guide. And now it gets the device working properly, but I cannot install the drivers. It says the operation require and interactive window station. I've tried reinstalling Daemon-Tools and the drivers a few times and no luck. any suggestions??

Comment

Originally Posted by Microsoft
            This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.
            that whats i keep getting.

Comment

today a new problem. i have make a format of my c partition and install vista today. after the installation i use the admin login to change the cdrom.sys in my sys32\drivrs folder. after that i go to the Windows\System32\DrvierStore\FileRepository but there is no cdrom.sys.

i look in the device manager and see in other devices the drive and the proberties told me that it is ready but i have got a question mark and i cannot use it.

i have checked the cdrom.sys again and reboot but no solution. yes i am a super admin

Comment

Originally Posted by Hanschke
                today a new problem. i have make a format of my c partition and install vista today. after the installation i use the admin login to change the cdrom.sys in my sys32\drivrs folder. after that i go to the Windows\System32\DrvierStore\FileRepository but there is no cdrom.sys.

i look in the device manager and see in other devices the drive and the proberties told me that it is ready but i have got a question mark and i cannot use it.

i have checked the cdrom.sys again and reboot but no solution. yes i am a super admin
                Same here.. it is normal after a clean install you won't find any file in the repository..as soon as you will create a resore point that file will be created....but that is not solving our common problen

Comment

// english

(1) goto \Windows\System32\drivers
                  (2) rightclick cdrom.sys -> Properties -> goto the Secury and change Permissions to your User Account & User (yourcomputer\User) to Full Control
                  (3) rename the file to e.g. cdrom_backup.sys
                  (4) Take the old cdrom.sys form Windows Vista Build 5600

Download cdrom.sys : x64 (74kb) or x86 (35kb)

(5) install Daemon Tools (run as admin)
                  (6) restart your pc, if u have no D-Tools Drives and no phy Drives than :

(7) restart your PC, and press F8 befor Windows boots, use the "load drivers that are not signed/certified" Option to boot your Windows
                  (8) install/update D-Tools again with Run as Admin Funktion

look it works :

// German

Ich hab folgendes gemacht

(1) Rechte der cdrom.sys geändert
                  (2) gegen die "alte" ausgetauscht
                  (3) neugestartet
                  (4) D-Tools installiert -> geht nicht -> Findet nicht mal mehr das Phy. CD Laufwerk
                  (5) Windows neustart, vor dem Booten von Windows F8 drücken, dann mit der Funktion "load drivers that are not signed/certified" booten
                  (6) D-Tools nochmal installieren (run as Admin)
                  (7) spaß haben

Comment

hi
                    i 've done everything, i've replaced cdrom.sys, dt is working fine, but my dvd-rw is not working, its working as a normal dvd drive, i cant burn anything i cant erase dvdrw disc, when i tried to use the cdrom.sys form 5728 dvdburner is working fine but virtual drive is not working (code 10- device cannot start)

Comment

Hi,

Thx Lordfish for your process.

But under Vista x64 5728, you can't modify the security settings of the cdrom.sys

You have first to take the ownership of the file

Comment

Originally Posted by macmaj
                        hi
                        i 've done everything, i've replaced cdrom.sys, dt is working fine, but my dvd-rw is not working, its working as a normal dvd drive, i cant burn anything i cant erase dvdrw disc, when i tried to use the cdrom.sys form 5728 dvdburner is working fine but virtual drive is not working (code 10- device cannot start)
                        You need to change the cdrom.sys file after you installed daemon tolls 4.06HE successfully. Everytime you install a new virtual drive, windows will update this cdrom.sys file and none of the virtual drives will be working again.
                        I personnaly installed daemon tools 4.06 successfully, than i installed alcohol120% latest successfully and only after that i took the ownership of the file and changed it. This is on a x86 32bit build 5728.

How is you dvd writer showed in the "my computer" explorer?
                        Mine it says dvd-rw drive.

Hope it helps a little

Comment

i've install dt and i hade code 10, then i replaced cdrom.sys and after that dt works fine, but i cant burn with my dvdrw, and the funny thing is that in "my computer" is showing dvdrw drive with dvdrw+ disc inside but i cant burn or erase

Comment

Originally Posted by macmaj
                            i've install dt and i hade code 10, then i replaced cdrom.sys and after that dt works fine, but i cant burn with my dvdrw, and the funny thing is that in "my computer" is showing dvdrw drive with dvdrw+ disc inside but i cant burn or erase
                            Mine is all ok....
                            Check this ...i'm erazing a dvd-rw

I guess your burner must be ok & working in 5600?
                            Have you tried this?
                            1-shutdown your pc
                            2-unplug your burner
                            3-start pc (play 5min or so)
                            4-shutdown again
                            5-plug burner back in
                            6-start pc again and check after that if any change.

Its just that i've been playing with mine like this (because of starforce off course) but maybe it why mine is working.
                            Good luck
                            Last edited by sfkilla23; 29.09.2006, 23:55.

Comment

i dowloaded dvd decrypter and i was able to erase dvdrw disk, but still i have no idea how to burn dvd's , i had "burn" option in windows explorer but now is gone, and when i tried to double click on my dvdrw drive it says please insert disk into dvd rw drive or windows cannot access this disc the disc might be corrupt/unformatted(blank dvd disk is inside)

Comment

thanks! now its working, still in explorer there is no burn/erase but nero 7.2.7.0 saw my burner and its burning

Comment

Working...
                                X