No announcement yet.

Just tried 4.0.6 on Vista 5728

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite, I was quite to make DT works on my X64 build 5728.

Following all the advices, I managed to install DT 4.06.
    But i can't choose a letter for the drive and in the device manager, I got error 10 for the virtual drive. I've tried to re-install cdrom.sys but no changes.

Any clue ?

Comment

Originally Posted by lordfiSh
      // english

(1) goto \Windows\System32\drivers
      (2) rightclick cdrom.sys -> Properties -> goto the Secury and change Permissions to your User Account & User (yourcomputer\User) to Full Control
      (3) rename the file to e.g. cdrom_backup.sys
      (4) Take the old cdrom.sys form Windows Vista Build 5600

Download cdrom.sys : x64 (74kb) or x86 (35kb)

(5) install Daemon Tools (run as admin)
      (6) restart your pc, if u have no D-Tools Drives and no phy Drives than :

(7) restart your PC, and press F8 befor Windows boots, use the "load drivers that are not signed/certified" Option to boot your Windows
      (8) install/update D-Tools again with Run as Admin Funktion

look it works :

// German

Ich hab folgendes gemacht

(1) Rechte der cdrom.sys geändert
      (2) gegen die "alte" ausgetauscht
      (3) neugestartet
      (4) D-Tools installiert -> geht nicht -> Findet nicht mal mehr das Phy. CD Laufwerk
      (5) Windows neustart, vor dem Booten von Windows F8 drücken, dann mit der Funktion "load drivers that are not signed/certified" booten
      (6) D-Tools nochmal installieren (run as Admin)
      (7) spaß haben
      Using RC1 x64 Build 5728:

This method seems to work fine as long as long as you boot each time using F8 and "load drivers that are not signed/certified", however when booting without that option I still lose my physical drives and virtual drives if I use the 5600 version of cdrom.sys. Is there any method to get this to work without having to boot with F8 every time?
      Last edited by creighton1; 01.10.2006, 17:12.

Comment

Originally Posted by creighton1
        Using RC1 x64 Build 5728:

This method seems to work fine as long as long as you boot each time using F8 and "load drivers that are not signed/certified", however when booting without that option I still lose my physical drives and virtual drives if I use the 5600 version of cdrom.sys. Is there any method to get this to work without having to boot with F8 every time?
        I have tryed and it won't work
        if you update/reinstall d-tools the program gives alot of errors
        won't install it again must i close d-tools first ???

Comment

I have tryed it but it won't work
          can't assign virtual drive letter and drive
          i used vista build 5728 x64
          and i have done excacly what's Originally Posted by lordfiSh
          does someone know a trick to let it work on x64 what should be the problem
          does someone have the *.inf file from vista build 5600 x64 so i can install it from the inf file

Comment

Next DT version will be compatible with 5728 as is.

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
              Next DT version will be compatible with 5728 as is.
              And when is that going to be released?

Comment

When it's done.
                Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I hope you guys wait untill RC2.... which is coming out this friday... it will be the last build before RTM. It will be Vista 5743. Stay tuned
                  http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by sfkilla23
                    I hope you guys wait untill RC2.... which is coming out this friday... it will be the last build before RTM. It will be Vista 5743. Stay tuned
                    Microsoft might change the buildnummer, you never know, RC1 was expected to be a different build as well. But, I'm looking very forward to see a new Vista build, 5728 was the old one, and if it really is 5743, there can't be much done, since the versionnumber is not that much difference. I still expect a late RC2 build, like I already said before, and then the RTM. I was also informed that the RTM might be in 6000, so then there might be lots of work to do, or already done, but not released as/in RC version.
                    CureROM Support Team

Comment

Is it possible for someone to upload their 5728 original cdrom.sys 32 bit? I didn't backup mine, and my dvdburner is not working

edit by admin: Please dont't post more than once. the forum are moderated, which is why your post's dont't up immediately.

Comment

OK, I made it work on my x64 b5728.

Here's how:
                        1 copy the cdrom.sys from a b5600 x64 (first you have to take the ownership of the cdrom.sys in the drivers directory, and give Users all permissions.
                        2 Install Daemon Tools
                        3 Restart and F8 -> allow unsigned driver
                        4 Finish install
                        5 Add 1 or more drive
                        6 Make step 1 again
                        7 Restart and F8 -> allow unsigned driver

If you add another drive make step 1 and 7 again
                        Everytime you start, you should allow unsigned driver (I didn't manage to make this automatic even by using bcdedit)

That will help me waiting for next version of DT !

By the way, it seems that the b5728 is the last version that will be given to everyone. Next one will be only for msdn customers.

Comment

Latest build available to TAP is 5734, and 5744-ish should be out on Friday to "general public" and connect. After that there probably won't be any more connect/public betas but TAP might still get a build or two.

Comment

Originally Posted by FnF
                            Microsoft might change the buildnummer, you never know, RC1 was expected to be a different build as well. But, I'm looking very forward to see a new Vista build, 5728 was the old one, and if it really is 5743, there can't be much done, since the versionnumber is not that much difference. I still expect a late RC2 build, like I already said before, and then the RTM. I was also informed that the RTM might be in 6000, so then there might be lots of work to do, or already done, but not released as/in RC version.
                            See, it will be 5744, just got the RC2.pdf file

Originally Posted by Andareed
                            Latest build available to TAP is 5734, and 5744-ish should be out on Friday to "general public" and connect. After that there probably won't be any more connect/public betas but TAP might still get a build or two.
                            There will probably be a late-RC2 build and a pre-RTM build. But there is not much time left, so we might see a build in the middle as well, just 1 between RC2 and RTM.
                            CureROM Support Team

Comment

Yes..... its all good....

Latest Daemon 4.06he works without any problem with latest vista RC2 5744 x86 32bit
                              Finally all comes out good
                              http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

seems to be working in the x64 build too

Comment

Working...
                                X