• Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Pyr0
    seems to be working in the x64 build too

Not seems to be working it works just tryed it

Comment

Originally Posted by sfkilla23
      Yes..... its all good....

Latest Daemon 4.06he works without any problem with latest vista RC2 5744 x86 32bit
      Finally all comes out good
      Hi sfkilla32

I have just tried out under my newly installed Vista 5744, it does NOT install!!

When I click on "accept" button, I received a dialogBox it said:
      This program will install SCSI Pass Through Direct(SPTD) layer on your computer.
      WARNING = SPTD is not compatible with kernel mode debuggers)SoftICE, WinDBG etc.)!
      Please cancel setup if you plan to use kernel debugger on this machine.

I click OK, the dialogBox disappeared, the setup exit.
      I click CANCEL, it is the same as I click OK.

Anybody can help me on this? What should I do?

Comment

Yes..... its all good....

Latest Daemon 4.06he works without any problem with latest vista RC2 5744 x86 32bit
        Finally all comes out good
        I upgraded to 5744 from 5728 and it doesn't seem to work at all. It doesn't want to install this SCSI driver at all, just like when the 5536 build was released.

Anyone else got the latest daemon tools working at all on 5744? If everyone else got it working, then it must be the upgrade install :/

Comment

Upgrading OS while sptd is installed will likely fail. I suggest you now uninstall sptd (download standalone sptdinst, run then click uninstall/remove) and reboot. Then remove sptd services key (HKLM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd), and reboot again. Then try installing latest sptd (or just run latest dt setup).

Comment

Running the rc2 5744 64b clean install format the drive before installing and DT4.06he 64b works so must be upgrade that is causing the problem

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
              Upgrading OS while sptd is installed will likely fail. I suggest you now uninstall sptd (download standalone sptdinst, run then click uninstall/remove) and reboot. Then remove sptd services key (HKLM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd), and reboot again. Then try installing latest sptd (or just run latest dt setup).
              I could not find sptd 1.28 standalone setup, only found 1.25. When I run it under cmd prompt like this: sptdinst.exe remove,
              system respond: sptd not currently installed.

I then ran regedit, found the sptd register key and deleted it.

when I run DT4.06 setup again, it prompt a error message: failed to open service key.

what should I do with it?

Comment

Originally Posted by Kankipappa
                I upgraded to 5744 from 5728 and it doesn't seem to work at all. It doesn't want to install this SCSI driver at all, just like when the 5536 build was released.

Anyone else got the latest daemon tools working at all on 5744? If everyone else got it working, then it must be the upgrade install :/

I always said .... with all daemon & all windows... you should always install daemon tools on a freshly installed Os, at least when its new or in beta.

Also with vista, you should always be a full administrator (many topics on this on the net) or on my board....follow link

Last edited by sfkilla23; 07.10.2006, 17:17.
                http://bsfkillaplace.runboard.com/

Comment

Same issue over here. Latest DT was working fine under 5728, but after upgrading to 5744 (RC2), I don't seem to be able to do anything to get it working.
                  OK, I know that a fresh install, but...

Comment

I always said .... with all daemon & all windows... you should always install daemon tools on a freshly installed Os, at least when its new or in beta.

Also with vista, you should always be a full administrator (many topics on this on the net) or on my board....follow link

Yeah well, it worked nicely from 5600 to 5728. Seems 5744 has more changes then. And yes i'm as "full administrator", i don't even use the annoying UAC.

I just wanted to upgrade as i hate the feeling that you need to reinstall some apps again and again...

i try those tips now though :p

Comment

After you delete sptd key you should reboot.

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
                        After you delete sptd key you should reboot.
                        Downloadable sptdinst_x86.exe v. 1.25 doesn't recognize installed sptd v. 1.29. Any chance of making available standalone SPTDinst v. 1.29? RC2 is the last public version of Vista before RTM, so no more upgrade. THX

Comment

Got it!

I had to manually delete sptd.sys and sptddrv1.sys from System32\Drivers folder to get it to install the SCSI driver as daemon tools uninstall didn't work at all (missing files).

I removed the registry lines, although it didn't allow me to delete all the subfolders folders (when they were empty). After reboot it installed and now it's working after another reboot.

thanks

Comment

Thank you, this way I succeded too!

Comment

I had to manually delete sptd.sys and sptddrv1.sys from System32\Drivers folder to get it to install the SCSI driver as daemon tools uninstall didn't work at all (missing files).

I removed the registry lines, although it didn't allow me to delete all the subfolders folders (when they were empty). After reboot it installed and now it's working after another reboot.

thanks
                              Hi, please how did you removed sptddrv1.sys file?
                              I had daemon tools v 4.06 installed on Vista RC1, then I updated system to Vista RC2.
                              When I tryed to uninstall DT, it writes error message, so I deleted it manualy.
                              Now I try almost everything what is written on this forum, but nothing helps. I see "System file write error" everytime, when I run installation.
                              I removed sptd.sys, keys from register, sptd from device manager (upnp device). Last file which is in system32\drivers is this sptddrv1.sys, but I can't delet it. I have admin rights, but it is imposible.

Btw: how to find which service or process is using this sptd drivers (sptddrv1.sys file)? I can't find it. Maybe it is the reason.

Comment

ARe you using an antivirus or a firewall? disable them during the installation...
                                If its not working reread the thread and try the solutions again.
                                Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Working...
                                X