Cannot erase DVD+RW/DVD-RW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not a bug, it's a feautre
    the hide cd-r function includes all written or formatted dvd media now, thus you must disable it (as you should also do with ALL emulations!) unless required!
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      the hide cd-r function includes all written or formatted dvd media now, thus you must disable it (as you should also do with ALL emulations!) unless required!
      well...you see, there is no option in Daemon Tools to set Disable Media off!
      i've used alcohol once, but later uninstalled it. should i reinstall Alcohol and tick the option off and uninstall it?
      thanks

Comment

If you uninstalled it, then it's not Alcohol causing the problem.

Comment

Try this.
          Alcohol 120%
          Under General settings
          Emulation: Remove tick from ignore media type

Comment

I have the same problem. I do not use and do not want to use Alcohol. I want to use nero.

I even uninstalled DT and it still didn't fix the problem.....

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
              Thanx for your product which i've been using for many years

on-topic: I've the same problem since versie 1.29 i believe, i can't write cd's or dvd's with a later driver. Disabling all emu's doesn't work. Only if i de-install daemon tools and remove manually the sptd driver and the main scsi reg i am able to burn and erase again. I encountered this prob at several configs and with some configs it slows down everything severely too.

Now i use the old daemontools and burn everything with alcohol ( sptd version 1.24 ) and use blindwrite 6 which hides the mediacode too but ez play can be easily disabled.
              I'm very delighted with your product and when the pro version shows up i'll definitely buy it of course. Just for supporting using it for free all these years you deserve a lot of credit and money too

Can you please take a closer look at this 'problem' because it exists and i'd be glad as it would be solved.

Comment

I'm sorry. I misunderstood. I DID have Alcohol installed (I just haven't used it for for a year). I thought it was being suggested that I should just use Alcohol to burn my DVDs and CDs. I didn't realise that this setting in Alcohol was affecting my other burning applications.

One I started Alcohol and changed the setting recommended, it fixed my problem. I can now happily burn using nero as I wanted.

Comment

Working...
                X