No announcement yet.

DAEMON Tools 4.09 X86 + hanging system = :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daemon Tools 4.09HE (32 bit) Will not install...Why?

I uninstalled v4.06 and try to install the downloaded:
    DAEMON Tools v4.09.1 X86 32 Bits (with SPTD 1.43)

daemon4091-x86.exe

ERROR:
    Internal Setup Error. Contact Support.

What's up with this install?
    Downloaded it 4 times 2 times each on two different computers.
    When executed on both machines, the same error is reported after reading the End User Licience agrement then selecting I Agree.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

I've got this same problem. I have 2 computers. On my Intel C2D rig, I have no problems running this same mds/mdf backup that uses Securom 7. When I try to open the same mds file on my AMD64 3600 X2 AM2 rig, Daemon tools freezes up. If I use the mdf file, the disc loads no problem BUT when trying to run the game it detects as the wrong disc loaded (this also happens on my C2D rig, but its not a problem because the mds works fine).
      My motherboard is a Biostar TForce550 AM2 using standard 800DDR2 ram, and a 7600GT GPU.
      I've tried everything from the latest SPTD update, installing/uninstalling AMD optimizer, etc. I know this image works perfectly. If its any help, I've also tried a maxi image of the same game and it also hangs when trying to load the mds.
      Please let me know if this has been resolved elsewhere, as I can't find anything other than this thread. Any work around would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

UPDATE:
        Temporary work around... This worked for my legal Rainbow Six Vegas backup that uses securom 7, but may not work with newer games/protection. This work around was reported by 'nightfall' earlier in the thread.
        Downgrade to Daemon Tools 4.08, and sptd 1.38. Unistall Daemon and any newer version of sptd first. The older version of sptd can be found here https://www.duplexsecure.com/downloa...t-v138-x86.exe .
        Google for 'Daemon Tools 4.08 download' for the older version (can't be found on this site that I know of).
        This bug appears to only be related to some AMD64 X2 AM2 motherboards/CPUs, and the one Intel rig reported earlier in this thread seems to be an unrelated problem.

Comment

Working...
        X