• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Operating System: Win XP
    Burning Software: Nero 6 latest version
    Anti-virus Software: none
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

I am having this same problem. On reboot I get the error messages. What I have been doing is going to device manager and then disabling and enabling st3shark SCSI controller and it works fine. Its still pretty annoying but better than uninstalling and reinstalling daemon tools every restart.

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP SP1 with all available Updates
      Burning Software: Nero latest Version, CloneCD, CDMate, Alcohol 120%
      Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus 2004

thanks to BlueMeanie, your solution works fine, is much better as the other Solutions.

Comment

Operating System: WinXP Pro SP1
        Burning Software: CloneCD 4.0.1.3 - Nero 5.5.10.42
        Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus 2003 v9.05.15

A little Feedback...

I had the same problems with Daemon Tools too (v3.41 and also with v3.33) :

- A daily-working software becomes suddently inneficient after a reboot
        - The Invalid device two msg boxes popping up at LogOn
        - The ST3SHARCK SCSI Controller (v3.41) that's not working and the exactly same bits of error (see Phrotje, Malevolant, etc)
        - The same waste of time at unistalling - reinstalling DT 3.41 or 3.33 for a 1-boot use... :?
        - AND I confirm that dactivating / Reactivating the ST3SHARCK SCI Controller from the device manager seems to be a reliable and not so tiring way of fixing the problem. :!:

But to improve definitely this great tool it woud be nice to resolve this bug in it's next version.

I precise that I previously had a comparative problem with the same softwares but running under Win2KPro SP4. DT 3.33 stopped working properly. It created an error that occurred during the loading of Win2K, and the only way to boot was in Safe Mode. but the bad surprise was that the MSI installer didn't seem to function in Safe Mode. :evil:
        These situations can be obviously annoying. But I know you're working on it, so I can't wait for it... :wink:

Poulpos

Comment

Operating System: WinXP Sp1
          Burning Software: Nero 6
          Anti-virus Software: None
          DAEMON Tools Version: 2.88

To all of you, use an older version! I'm using 2.88 now, working fine! 8)

Comment

Operating System: win xp
            Burning Software: none
            DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41 & 3.33

i have had all these issues and currently have the double invalid device after boot. please email me the temp fix asap. i will also be happy to provide any debuging help if i can!

Comment

it's not daemon's problem, it's Windows' bugs

Operating System: Windows Xp Pro SP
              Burning Software: Nero 6, Alcohol 120% 1.47,CloneCD 4.3.16
              Anti-virus Software: Norton 2004 10.0
              DAEMON Tools Version: newest

I use "Alcohol 120%",then I update my windows updates,after that I got the same problem,so everytime I wanna use Virtual ROM, I should do below things first:Computer>Hardware>Device Manager>ScSI and RAID controllers.

If anyone got good idea to solve this problem, Please E-mail me:flashcup@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Comment

Re: 2.88

Operating System: Windows Xp
                Burning Software: none

Originally Posted by kipusoep
                Operating System: WinXP Sp1
                Burning Software: Nero 6
                Anti-virus Software: None

To all of you, use an older version! I'm using 2.88 now, working fine! 8)

Thanks alot its working fine for me now

Comment

Damn SCSI error

Operating System: XP Pro sp1
                  Burning Software: Nero 5 and Alcohol 120%
                  DAEMON Tools Version: nearly all

i get the same problem, but if install 3.14 it works fine anything newer and it no work :cry:

Comment

Plug and Play BIOS Extension

ive noticed that its only the version of damon tools that uses the plug and play bios extension that has the problems, for me anyway. version 3.26 and above as far as i can tell. well anywayz in the meantime i just gonna go to device manager and update driver to reinstall the driver everytime i wanna use it.

i got a feeling its a windows problem, but then again you guys woul know more about that than me :P

Comment

Patch?

Operating System: Win XP
                      Burning Software: Nero 5
                      Anti-virus Software: Norton 2003

I heard something about a patch, could someone post it here? It's quite annoying, because I can only get to the homeserver here through another PC and the homeserver has Daemon on it, for a couple of functions. After a restart I will need to reinstall that driver and it's really a pain in the ass to do that through a network connection.

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP Home
                        Burning Software: /
                        Anti-virus Software: Panda ANti-Virus

i have the same problem,can someone send me the fix to : dr.art@web.de ??Please

Comment

Problem with DM 3,41

This ain't the first timei write in this threat.

I have tryed with DM 3,41 and god the problem " Invalid device "
                          One off the maker behind DM, have mail me, a fix.
                          That didn't work.
                          I have tryed with a older version af DM, and that didn't work eiter.
                          Now i'm using DM 2,88 and Alcohol 120%, and both programs works.

Sort off...

I don't get any problems any more about a invalid device, but I can't install anything. Non off my images works any more, even after that I have selectet Emulation,.

Frist I thourgt that the problem was my images, but they all seens to work on my other computer.
                          So the problem must be with my computer, and daemon tools.
                          But what is the problem?
                          And how do I fix it?

I can still play my games, and all that, for I will just use my cd'es, but I would like to use my images again, so I din't destroy my cd'es.

Please help me out.

Sorry, for my bad english.

/Fiskemanden - Angry about that DM still dosn't work after a format

Comment

same problem

Operating System: windows xp
                            Burning Software: nero 5.5.10
                            Anti-virus Software: norton 2003
                            DAEMON Tools Version: daemon341.exe

I have the same problem ( invalid device ) after a reboot.
                            this also happens with alcohol 120%.
                            i have mailed you for the fix. thnx

Comment

Shedding some light...

Operating System: Win XP Pro
                              Burning Software: A lot.I'm not bug reporting and I'm lazy to list for no reason:p
                              Anti-virus Software: NOD32

I do not have that bug occuring to me but I think I can help some.

Firstly the mentioned adildr.sys file is a USB driver that controls the mode of USB transfers (BULK or ISOCHRONOUS). It is outdated/absolete and it's specificaly made so it won't load by the packagers of certain ADSL modem drivers. Do not worry about it at all just ignore the message about it or if you are specificaly using the SAGEM 840 (the one I use that made me research the adildr.sys error :wink: ) you can download the latest drivers that are preconfigured for french networks (weird driver releasing policy there:P) that means you won't get to select vcmux or LLC and VPI/VCI values during instalation but you can always configure them later on. Otherwise just ignore the error until your modem manufacturer releases drivers with adildr.sys completely removed from the package.

Now regarding the bug. Checking at what you guys listed, it looks to me like st3shark is using the same PNP identifier as some other device on your system. Specificaly I think ACPI/ESCD at boot assigns a PNP identifier to a device that is already taken by st3shark. Try this: Uninstall daemon tools, disable acpi in bios, enable the "plug and play operating system installed" option in bios if it's not enabled already and install daemon tools again. I think that will solve your problem. Plus you are better off without acpi since most implementations are out of spec and IRQ sharing creates lots of problems (eg with sound cards, stuttering issues etc).
                              Co-Creator of Akkadia MUD Game Engine Codebase (GPL 1999)
                              In /dev/null no one can hear you scream!

Comment

Operating System: WinXP SP1a
                                Burning Software: Nero
                                Anti-virus Software: McAfee

I have this problem on one machine but not the other. The machine where the problem is occuring is running AMD Athlon XP 1800+ on a SiS chipset. The other machine, my laptop, is an Intel 1.0GHz (Compaq Presario 1720US) with an Intel 8280 chipset. So I'm guessing it's either the CPU or the chipset that's causing the problem.

My money is on the chipset. Others having this issue -- are you by any chance running a non-Intel chipset (such as VIA or SiS)?

Comment

Working...
                                X